Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gergle84
Paper Tape
Views: 1,788
Message 1 of 18

Moto x4 won't power up

My Moto X4 shut down normally due to low battery.  Now will not power up after 16 hours of charging.  I tried the volume/power button press and hold for 2 minutes with no safe mode or rest mode turning on.  There is no indication of any life.  Any ideas?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,754
Message 2 of 18

Re: Moto x4 won't power up

@Gergle84 wrote:

My Moto X4 shut down normally due to low battery.  Now will not power up after 16 hours of charging.  I tried the volume/power button press and hold for 2 minutes with no safe mode or rest mode turning on.  There is no indication of any life.  Any ideas?

Try plugging into PC USB port, then power on. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Gergle84
Paper Tape
Views: 1,727
Message 3 of 18

Plugging into PC USB port did not work for me.  Still no signs of life.  Does it need to charge from this port for a while?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,725
Message 4 of 18

Try holding the power button down for 30 seconds or so, while plugged into USB port of PC - I don't know of anything else. You can let it charge for a while and see too. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Gergle84
Paper Tape
Views: 1,720
Message 5 of 18

Thanks, but still no signs of life.  I will let it charge for a while.

Sagar_1401
Serial Port
Views: 1,681
Message 6 of 18

i guess its an issue with your charger or the usb port of the device is damaged. Kindly try using other chargers/adapters or check if the adapter you own works on other device

please notify us regarding this

thankyou,

Sagar

Gergle84
Paper Tape
Views: 1,665
Message 7 of 18

I took the device to a repair facility.  Their analysis was that the battery was fully charged and still taking accepting a charge.  I'm guessing a motherboard issue.  All chargers work well with other devices.

Elizasr59
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,551
Message 8 of 18

My x4 did the same thing about the same time as yours. I had it for a month then it would not turn on. Moto checked it out then sent me a refurbished phone. They told me it was dead and would not show any signs of life on there test bench. My replacement tried to do the same thing a week after getting it back from moto but was able to get it to fast boot screen. It has been alright since.

Tipwynn
What's DOS?
Views: 681
Message 9 of 18

Im having similar problems. My phone crashes. It will not turn on. I hold pwr for 20 seconds and still nothing. I hold volume down and power for 20 seconds and nothing. I use stock charger and plug. I also connected to a computer. After 2 days it magically turned on. Lasted a week and crashed again. Same thing. Its been 5 days now and magically turned on when i pressed power.

whats the deal. Its on now, is it a software issue? Im on android 9

starsy
Paper Tape
Views: 648
Message 10 of 18

Moto X4 won't charge and won't turn on.

How can I fix this? 

I've tried everything. The holding the power button 20s, and holding the volume down and power button for 2 minutes. Nothing works. 

My x4 at least used to flicker on and show that it had 0% battery for 1 second. Now it won't even do that. Is Lenovo going to help the people where this issue is happening because there has been a lot of reports of this is occurring and their solutions have not worked. It's obviously some sort of issue either in the hardware/software, no clue! But to have a new phone that I bought late last year only last 6 months and to not have any alternative I can use right now is really so inconvenient. It's making me regret buying this phone because Motorola has been my favorite brand. 

Top Kudoed Authors