cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 604
Message 11 of 18

Re: Moto X4 won't charge and won't turn on.

@starsy wrote:

How can I fix this? 

I've tried everything. The holding the power button 20s, and holding the volume down and power button for 2 minutes. Nothing works. 

My x4 at least used to flicker on and show that it had 0% battery for 1 second. Now it won't even do that. Is Lenovo going to help the people where this issue is happening because there has been a lot of reports of this is occurring and their solutions have not worked. It's obviously some sort of issue either in the hardware/software, no clue! But to have a new phone that I bought late last year only last 6 months and to not have any alternative I can use right now is really so inconvenient. It's making me regret buying this phone because Motorola has been my favorite brand. 

Hi, starsy!

Thanks for posting, we are here to help. Please try the suggested troubleshooting steps above this thread and let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Mandy
Moto Support

Gergle84
Paper Tape
Views: 602
Message 12 of 18

Re: Moto X4 won't charge and won't turn on.

My Moto X4 did the same thing.  Definitely perform all of the troubleshooting, but I would be prepared to buy a warranty for about $25.00 and send it back to Motorola for a replacement.

LPittenger
Paper Tape
Views: 535
Message 13 of 18

Re: Moto x4 won't power up

Add me to the ever-growing list of people this has happened to.

It only started after I updated the software.

My X4 is stuck on 8%, shows "charging", yet the battery is not drawing/recharging any power. I've tried all the steps:
* check cable and outlet
* different cables
* powering from computer USB as well as wall socket
* 30-sec-vol-down-plus-2-min-hold-power for the complete reboot.

I'd say, given all the reports, that it's pretty obvious at this point that the software update has broken some phones, even if not all of them, and is now preventing many batteries from charging.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 504
Message 14 of 18

Hi LPittenger,

Thanks for posting. I know how frustrating this must be for you, let us see what we can do to help. Have you tried charging the device while it is powered off? Also, try to charge it while the phone is in Safe Mode. This will help us to isolate if this is caused by a third-party app. While you are on this mode, it will disable your third-party apps. 

To Enable Safe Mode:
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears.
4. The phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in the bottom left corner.
5. If the issue does not remain in safe mode, this indicates a third party application installed from the Play Store is causing the problem.
6. Restart the device to get out of safe mode and uninstall any recently installed applications.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

LPittenger
Paper Tape
Views: 498
Message 15 of 18

Thanks for the reply.

I've done absolutely everything. Different jacks, different phones, powering while on, powering while off, leaving plugged in while it's in that extended-boot-option move (the menu you get to from vol-down-plus-power-button combo), powering in Safe mode... everything.

I"m now in the process of doing a factory reset - which at this point I seriously doubt will have any effect - and then going to send it in under warranty for repair/replacement.

Very very very frustrating ... I've lost at least 2 days to this.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 439
Message 16 of 18

@LPittenger wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

I've done absolutely everything. Different jacks, different phones, powering while on, powering while off, leaving plugged in while it's in that extended-boot-option move (the menu you get to from vol-down-plus-power-button combo), powering in Safe mode... everything.

I"m now in the process of doing a factory reset - which at this point I seriously doubt will have any effect - and then going to send it in under warranty for repair/replacement.

Very very very frustrating ... I've lost at least 2 days to this.

I completely understand your frustration, LPittenger. Please refrain from restoring all of your files and do not install any third-party applications right after resetting the phone. Kindly check as well if there are any bent pins or any debris that might have blocked your charging port. 

Kindly keep us posted on this.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

LPittenger
Paper Tape
Views: 392
Message 17 of 18

Oddly, my last reply was deleted... I wonder what happened.

I checked pins and all the other online suggestions before even posting here. Nothing has worked. Nothing continues to work.

In fact, I've discovered I can't even DO a full factory reset because the battery is so low now that it refuses to complete the process.

And, I see from another thread, that someone who had the same problem and sent theirs in for repair/replacement had the same exact problem occur on the new phone that was sent back.... Sounds very much like a Lenovo problem with the update, not a hardware problem.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-X4/Moto-x4-battery-refuses-to-accept-charge/m-p/4371984#M7571

I've got no choice but to send mine in as well... and hope for better luck. If not, well, then time to look for a different brand!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 343
Message 18 of 18

I understand your sentiments, LPittenger. I know how important it is to have a working device. In this case, our next step is indeed having the device replaced. Here's the link of the online replacement form where you can see the warranty options Motorola offers for your device. Let me know if you have other questions.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors