Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,654
Message 1 of 23

Motorola/Lenovo: Request Signed Factory Images

Request factory images be made available.

Right now, if one decides to unlock the bootloader, there is no return. No way to relock bootloader to receive official OTAs again.

Can the community please get a definitive answer on:

1. Will they ever be released?

2. Timeline til released?

Variant: XT1900-1

Models: Retail/Android One/Amazon

Screenshot of current factory images but its clear it has not been updated/added to for quite some time. I did  submit a ticket request but the answer I received by the rep was the same as being in my position. At the very least, the Android One firmware since its partner with Google. Google releases their images early each month, maybe that spoiled me owning 3 of their phones previously. 

Thanks for reading,

-Nef

response.PNGfactory images.PNG

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,598
Message 2 of 23

Re: Motorola/Lenovo: Request Signed Factory Images

Hi Neffy27,

I'm afraid we don't have a definite as to when the factory images will be updated. Please check the software image page from time to time.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,591
Message 3 of 23

=(
Jithin3
Punch Card
Views: 1,529
Message 4 of 23

Its already available..

8.1 for Retail XT1900-1 & A1

8.0 for Amazon

(link removed)

Edited for Site rules violation: We do not allow unauthorized redistribution of Motorola software; links to and excessive discussion or promotion of any non-standard software loads for locked devices; and any discussion, links or instruction for updating Motorola device software other than those sanctioned by Motorola or in the areas designated for that activity.  -JM

Be Bold in What You Stand For..!
n0
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,473
Message 5 of 23

@Jithin3 wrote:

Its already available..

8.1 for Retail XT1900-1 & A1

8.0 for Amazon

(link removed)

Edited for Site rules violation: We do not allow unauthorized redistribution of Motorola software; links to and excessive discussion or promotion of any non-standard software loads for locked devices; and any discussion, links or instruction for updating Motorola device software other than those sanctioned by Motorola or in the areas designated for that activity.  -JM

Well, JM, you wouldn't have to worry about people distributing unauthorized software if your company would give it to us yourselves. Nobody is even talking about "non-standard software loads", we just want to be able to put the official stock firmware back on our phones without this BS.

Better user experience, less customer nagging and support burden, less risk of malware or other user confidence (lol) damaging problems with unauthorized redistribution.

banksdad
Paper Tape
Views: 1,322
Message 6 of 23

My guess is that they do not wish to publicly release that as they would rather people permenantly have a voided waranty when they unlock.  If you were able to put factory signed on, they would be back on the hook for a waranty repair should it ever need it. Since these are cheap phones, my guess is that it is a numbers game to them.

n0
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,273
Message 7 of 23

That's not stored on the flash, it's a fuse or something. Not affected by availability of factory images.

banksdad
Paper Tape
Views: 1,250
Message 8 of 23

Huh?

What are you talking about? This thread is a complaint about not having factory signed images available. Your comment was a reference to nothing anyone is even talking about.

n0
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,238
Message 9 of 23

... You're talking about it. In your last post.
banksdad
Paper Tape
Views: 1,219
Message 10 of 23

You made a comment about how something was "not stored in the flash" and that it was a "fuse or something."  I have no idea what you are talking about.  I made reference to nothing that is "stored in a flash," nor is a "fuse or something."  I made reference to the same thing many people are complaining about... the desire for the mfg to RELEASE TO THE PUBLIC factory signed images and a tool to flash them with.  "Flashing" is the process by which you upload your images from a software file to the phone itself.  My comment was centered around my doubts that the company will EVER release the files because then people will have the power to un-void their warantees.

Top Kudoed Authors