Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnL600
Paper Tape
Views: 276
Message 1 of 12

Motox4 Amazon Prime not working

The phome works fine so far. Every minute or so I get the message that Amazon stopped working. I can navigate to Amazon just fine but the Amazon button will start and then stop with the msg that Amazon stopped working. It's kind of annoying because it pops up every minute or so no matter what I'm doing. Id there a way I can stop it from doing this.

Thank you for any help..

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 220
Message 2 of 12

Re: Motox4 Amazon Prime not working

Hi JohnL600,

Thanks for posting. Please check if the app is up to date in Playstore. Also, I would recommend clearing the cache and data of the app. Just go to Settings > Apps > Amazon > Storage > Clear Cache (if clearing the cache won't fix it, try clearing the data). Note that clearing data will reset the app, so if you have accounts associated with the app, you might have registering/logging it back again. Let me know if that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

JohnL600
Paper Tape
Views: 210
Message 3 of 12

Thank you for your help...I cleared the cache and data and that didn't work. I can't find the app in the play store. It's properties show version 14.2.1.200. It came preinstalled on my phone. I looked in the play store and can't find an icon that looks like it. What I think keeps happening is it stops working for some reason then opens and tries again which is why I keep getting that annoying "Amazon Stopped Working" appearing on my screen. I would uninstall it and reinstall it if I could. What I'm thinking of trying is just disabling it to see if that works.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 194
Message 4 of 12

Hi JohnL600,

Thanks for trying. I appreciate your observations. Let me know if disabling it helps. I would also recommend booting the phone in safe mode so we can isolate any possible third-party apps that might cause this. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

JohnL600
Paper Tape
Views: 182
Message 5 of 12

Hi Rich,
I did hold the power button until the phone rebooted. I didn't notice a "boot in safe mode" option. When it finished rebooting the problem remained. I disabled it and now the phone works great. I really don't know what the app was supposed to do because when I tried it I would get the stopped working message. Even if I did't try it the same msg would appear. If I can figure out how to enable it at some future time I may try again but for now I plan on leaving it disabled.
Another annoying problem I have is anywhere from three to ten times a day I get a msg that I need to update my phone. It doesn't interfere with anything, like the other, so I usually ignore it and update periodically. I appreciate your help.
John
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 154
Message 6 of 12

Hi JohnL600,

Thanks for further explaining. Aren't you accepting the update? It is important that the phone is on it's latest build, can you please accept the update and see if the app would still crash? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Highlighted
JohnL600
Paper Tape
Views: 150
Message 7 of 12

I have been accepting all the update options. I'm on Android 8.1.0

It updated again yesterday. I think it was a Motorola version but I can't be sure.

In the "about phone" window it shows:

The build is OPWS28.3.5

The Motorola version is OPWS28.46-21-16

It seems to be working fine now that I have disabled the Amazon app.

I don't know how to re-enable the Amazon app to check and see if the latest updates fixed the problem.

Thank youj for all your help and information.

John

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 123
Message 8 of 12

Hi John,

Thanks for confirming. Can you check Settings > Apps > Amazon, there should be an option to enable it there. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

JohnL600
Paper Tape
Views: 117
Message 9 of 12

Thank you for the info. I enabled it and as soon aas I opened it I got the msg that it had stopped working. It's not a problem because I seldom use Amazon or videos for shopping with my phone. And all the other Amazon apps work fine. Something ion my phone doesn't like that app and shuts it down. I'm really no longer concerned about it because since I disabled it my phone works fine. We can close this if you are OK with that.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 72
Message 10 of 12

Hi JohnL600,

Alright. Just let me know if you need further help. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors