Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X4
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

06-25-2018

United States of America

7 Signins

124 Page Views

• Views: 124
  • Message 1 of 3

My moto X4 gets Hot on low battery with Battery saver on

2018-06-25, 17:09 PM

Hello, My X4 gets really hot when is low on battery turned on battery saver and said 10 hours left, and then the next 10 minutes i notice the phone hotter than usual and then at 4% of battery check if there was a app running that might have consuming battery and all were closed, and then the next minute was off, and only then started to cool off? why this happened? nothing was connected to it, could this be a malfunctioning?

Options

5418 Posts

07-12-2014

United States of America

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: My moto X4 gets Hot on low battery with Battery saver on

2018-06-26, 17:03 PM

Hi luisbarrios,

I understand your concern. There are a lot of factors affecting the heat of the phone. Let's figure out what may be causing this. To start with, please check the battery condition and temperature when the phone is low in battery and the power saver is on. Go to the Device Help app > Fix > Hardware test > Battery. Share a screenshot as well. We'll take it from there.

In addition, I'd like to take a look from my end. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and IMEI number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

4 Posts

06-25-2018

United States of America

7 Signins

124 Page Views

• Views: 124
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: My moto X4 gets Hot on low battery with Battery saver on

2018-06-26, 17:45 PM
Hello JM, sure no problem at all, I always try to keep my phone as smooth as possible, I don't install more apps than what I need. and I really enjoy how long the battery lasts. but I will be checking if this issue happens again, as I know is an unusual behavior.
If this happens again I will come back to this post.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms