Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anshul2120
Paper Tape
Views: 299
Message 1 of 10

My moto x4 screen color looks faded.

Me and my mate both bought moto x4's. After watching my device's screen, he immediately told my screen colors are faded and after comparing the device side by side, my phone's screen did look faded, now I'm stressed very much. Please help if someone's got and info about this matter.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 274
Message 2 of 10

Re: My moto x4 screen color looks faded.

Hi Anshul2120,

Thank you for reaching out, allow us to help. Have you tried adjusting the Display settings on your phone to fix this? Please try to do a hardware test on your device as well using the Moto Help app. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Anshul2120
Paper Tape
Views: 271
Message 3 of 10

Did both those things, both devices have the same display settings and the hardware test turned out good, seems to me that I got a defective display with faded colors, anything else you want me do?

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 245
Message 4 of 10

I appreciate you trying that, Anshul2120. Try to check if you have any pending software updates for your device. After that, let's try to boot your phone in Safe Mode to check if this is caused by your third-party applications. While on this mode, please be advised that your third-party apps will be temporarily disabled. 

To Enable Safe Mode:
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Anshul2120
Paper Tape
Views: 241
Message 5 of 10

I did that and the problem still wasn't solved, I appreciate you helping me out. I think this problem is due to defective display. If you have anything else that might solve my problem please do tell me. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 231
Message 6 of 10

Hi Anshul2120,

Thanks for the sample photo and for trying the suggested troubleshooting steps. I'd like to confirm, do you have any Blue Light Filter apps? Are you using any screen protector? Please send us a screenshot of your display settings so we can try replicating this. Make sure you have Adaptive Brightness turned off in the Settings > Display > Turn off Adaptive Brightness. Please check if you have Night Display in the Moto app. Just open Moto > Features > Moto Display > Night Display. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Anshul2120
Paper Tape
Views: 221
Message 7 of 10

I don't have any screen protector or anything like that, neither did I install any blue light filter apps and I don't use moto night mode. Adaptive brightness is also turned off, heresh a screenshot of my display settings.

JJ33
What's DOS?
Views: 192
Message 8 of 10

Had this too. To fix this, go to developer settings>picture color mode and turn it on and then off again. Worked for me until Android 9 fixed the problem for me.

Anshul2120
Paper Tape
Views: 184
Message 9 of 10

No this isn't working for me.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 160
Message 10 of 10

Hi Anshul2120,

I have had my team checked this and I confirmed that there's always a potential variation in color temperature between phones. However, if you feel there's a problem with your display then we would recommend having your device sent to the service center for them check and repair. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors