NO

4 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 1 of 4

No ringing sound++ on my X4

2018-08-24, 15:48 PM

I have a Motorola X4 64GB 8.0.0 OPWS27.2.3

Suddenly it stopped giving ringing signals, i dont hear any calling sounds on incomming calls while listning to music on my headphones jack plug with a microphone.. I can use the loudspeaker as a handsfree speaker and i can use my ordinary phone speaker without any big problems, it might be worse on sound quality. Media play with loudspeaker is ok

At the about same time my sms sending sometimes from my SIM2 card instead of my main one on SIM1.

I also suddenly had a message from findMyDroid app about changed Imei number..

I also had some incidences about the phone hanging.

It might have come from the latest security update, but i think that was some days before the problems started. But i did update a lot of apps that would be more likeble. Or it can be something completely different.

Somebody has some input on the issue?

Thomas

Options

5405 Posts

07-12-2014

US

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: No ringing sound++ on my X4

2018-08-24, 20:45 PM

Hi Sitdown,

Sorry to learn that you are having some challenges with your phone. We'd like to make sure first that this is not caused by a rogue app. Please test in safe mode. To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

6 Posts

08-24-2018

NO

4 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 3 of 4

2018-08-25, 10:18 AM

I did find out what the problem was. I have been looking in sound settings and other places i did think could be related, also notification and so on. I have also before seen this only priority when adjusting the volume, but i thought that was notifications, i did not want to suffer having to set up notifications all over and i was pretty shure this had nothing to do with calls, as i did not see and proof of this in the settings menu.

Should i put your last reply as a solution for my problems? Thanks.

First i had some problems with accessing safe mode, but now i did manage to get to safemode, i did not get the popup, but it did go to safemode. See, below:

I tried theese solutions:

- Hold and keep holding button

- Push button and then press the virtual button and holding

- Push button and then push again and holding.

When holding then button all the way, it just ends in a loop at startup and then letting go it just starts up as normal.

In one of the instances it seemed like there was a popup window trying to get on top of the turn of phone window..

So i am not able to go to safe mode.

Options

5405 Posts

07-12-2014

US

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600
  • Message 4 of 4

2018-08-30, 17:51 PM

wrote:

I did find out what the problem was. I have been looking in sound settings and other places i did think could be related, also notification and so on. I have also before seen this only priority when adjusting the volume, but i thought that was notifications, i did not want to suffer having to set up notifications all over and i was pretty shure this had nothing to do with calls, as i did not see and proof of this in the settings menu.

Should i put your last reply as a solution for my problems? Thanks.

First i had some problems with accessing safe mode, but now i did manage to get to safemode, i did not get the popup, but it did go to safemode. See, below:

I tried theese solutions:

- Hold and keep holding button

- Push button and then press the virtual button and holding

- Push button and then push again and holding.

When holding then button all the way, it just ends in a loop at startup and then letting go it just starts up as normal.

In one of the instances it seemed like there was a popup window trying to get on top of the turn of phone window..

So i am not able to go to safe mode.

I apologize for the delay in responding back. Just to be sure, is this all sorted out or are you still experiencing the same concern you originally posted?

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete