Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giorge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,344
Message 1 of 33

No voicemail notification icon in top bar when voicemail is received

I bought a Moto X4a couple months ago at Best Buy,  I was getting notified about voicemails, after an update my phone no longer does that and the Verizon visual voicemail app says it no longer compatible with my phone, and it is a Motorola app. My phone is an unlocked version and Verizon said it is a Motorola problem.

Even in settings there is nothing for voicemail it is gone

Edited: Moved thread to the correct phone community.-Sandip

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,283
Message 2 of 33

Re: No voicemail notification icon in top bar when voicemail is received

Hello Giorge,

Thanks for reaching out to us. This looks odd. When did it start? What is the current build number of your phone? Would you please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone as well as your carrier? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

jnellinell23
Paper Tape
Views: 1,260
Message 3 of 33

@Agent_JM wrote:

Hello Giorge,

Thanks for reaching out to us. This looks odd. When did it start? What is the current build number of your phone? Would you please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone as well as your carrier? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

I have this issue to. Now have to call VM to know if I even have a VM. No notification but I do get a weird text from Verizon with no words.

SomeNothingness
Token Ring
Views: 1,244
Message 4 of 33

Sounds like a Verizon issue.  I have T-MOBILE and do not have the tmo voicemail app installed. I get voicemail notifications fine. 

When I did try the vm app, the stock app vm option disappeared.  Returned when I uninstalled the carrier vm app.

Mine is also from Best buy. 

Giorge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,196
Message 5 of 33

It started after an update, I no longer have Visual Voice mail, the AP says it is not compatable with my device. 

I just got the Phone in July and it had notifications and Visual Voicemail until the update.

I updated the profile so it includes the phone Serial#

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,138
Message 6 of 33

@Giorge wrote:

It started after an update, I no longer have Visual Voice mail, the AP says it is not compatable with my device. 

I just got the Phone in July and it had notifications and Visual Voicemail until the update.

I updated the profile so it includes the phone Serial#

Can you test to see if this will persist in safe mode? We want to make sure that no third-party app is messing with your device. To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

Giorge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,128
Message 7 of 33

I put the phone into safe mode and I still don't get any notification icon and I had 5 new voicemails when I checked it.

Something changed when it got an update, I am getting frustrated with it, it either gets fixed or I throw the *removed* thing away and get a different phone, I have always had Motorola phones since Cell phones started, maybe it's time to change. 

Verizon has checked it and said it is on Motorolas end not Verizons, there is nothing for voicemail notifications. and when I try to download the Visual voicemail app from Motorola Mobility LLC it tells me it is not compatible with my device and it was there when I bought the phone in July.

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language - Rich 

Giorge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,122
Message 8 of 33

I don't have the Visual VM and I get no notifications what so ever, my pone doesn't always ring when I have a call, I guess they go straight to VM. I had another 5 voicemails with no notification, 2 of them were important and had been on there since Monday
DaveMac3
Paper Tape
Views: 609
Message 9 of 33

I have the same issue.  Nobody can fix it.  Problem exixts on both Verizon and AT&T.  Been with Motorola phones for 25 years, switching to Samsung S10 next month when it's released on Feb 20th.

Giorge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 584
Message 10 of 33

It doesn't seem like Motorola really cares, I still have the problem and since the latest update I now have other problems with my phone.

This is the last Motorola product I will ever buy, I will be switching to IOS instead just to get away from Google since they own Motorola

Top Kudoed Authors