Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 502
Message 21 of 36

Re: No voicemail notification icon in top bar when voicemail is received

@SomeNothingness wrote:

Not sure if some of these suggestions have already been made but first off Verizon sometimes does not play well with any feature that is not their own. Secondly make sure all of the permissions for the phone app are enabled as well as all notifications from apps and notifications.

For anyone who has not already contacted their carrier and set up voicemail if it is not setup properly with the carrier it will not relay to the phone for the phone to intercept.

Also try the carriers visual voicemail or voicemail app and if the problem is replicated within the carrier app then it is a carrier issue and if the carriers app does work then it may be because one of the suggestions above.

Thank you @SomeNothingness. I agree with most of your response. However, keep in mind there is no Verizon Visual Voicemail app that can be downloaded onto retail devices. It's only available on Verizon branded phones. That being said, if you're using Verizon you have to make sure you're account is not set up for visual voicemail on the Verizon side. If it is, you likely won't get voicemails on your phone. In my case, I have basic voicemail and as you can see in the screenshot shared earlier the Voicemail is working fine on my Moto X4 Retail unit on Verizon. 

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Giorge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 479
Message 22 of 36

When I first bought my phone I had notifications and visual voice mail for over a month until my phone recieved an update and have had problems ever since that update

Motorola Admin
Views: 446
Message 23 of 36

@Giorge wrote:

When I first bought my phone I had notifications and visual voice mail for over a month until my phone recieved an update and have had problems ever since that update

Have you checked with Verizon yet? I know that Verizon requires their Visual Voicemail app if you have Visual Voicemail setup on your account. The Verizon Visual Voicemail app is not available to install on the retail or Android One version of the Moto X4.

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
DaveMac3
Paper Tape
Views: 436
Message 24 of 36

I did.  I wasted a couple hours on the phone with Verizon.  They have no idea why I don't voicemail notification and I do not have VVM.  And from the way this post is progressing, the Motorola 'experts' on this post don't have a clue either.

Giorge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 412
Message 25 of 36

Well I spent a couple hours with Verizon and they said to contact Motorola and the visual voicemail app that they use is by Motorola but not compatible with my phone and I am not subscribed to VVM

Motorola Admin
Views: 388
Message 26 of 36

Thanks for confirming this. As I mentioned before, the screenshot shared was from my Retail Moto X4 on Verizon and it was getting the voicemail notifications. Let's do this. Please ensure your forums profile is updated with the current IMEI from your device and then have someone leave you a voicemail. Once completed, please generate a Bug Report and share it with me. Steps to generate the bug report below.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go in to the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable Usb debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

-Tom

Giorge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 338
Message 27 of 36

-Edited: Attached file's containing private information - Rich

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 325
Message 28 of 36

Hi Giorge,

Thanks. We'll forward it to the team. Make sure you have your forums profile updated with your IMEI/Serial Number and your carrier. I'll let you know if we need further information and/or if we have an update. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

DaveMac3
Paper Tape
Views: 303
Message 29 of 36

Not sure what you mean b:

'8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.'

Nothing happens, that what I oberserve.

-Edited: Attached file's containing private information - Rich

Giorge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 273
Message 30 of 36

Here is another bug report

Edited: for privacy - Rich

Top Kudoed Authors