Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CodyAult
What's DOS?
Views: 511
Message 31 of 37

Re: No voicemail notification icon in top bar when voicemail is received

So i have had this same issue since being upgraded to pie. I fixed it today by doing the following. I went into Verizon and set my visual voicemail to basic (disabled the paid version) turned off visual voicemail in the phone app and turned it back on. I unblocked the Verizon number i blocked from before that was sending me junk smtp messages, and went back into Verizon and set my premium voicemail back so my mailbox wasnt full anymore. Seems to be working now

DaveMac3
Paper Tape
Views: 498
Message 32 of 37

Thanks for the update CodyAult, however that does not work  for me.  My phone was purchased direct from Motorola, not Verizon.  I do not have Visual Voice Mail app, cannot even get it on the non-Verizon phone as I was so informed in the Verizon store.  They had me call customer Verizon customer support (translated=on the phone to India for 2 hours) and they say it is a Motorola bug and Motorola will have to fix it.

CodyAult
What's DOS?
Views: 495
Message 33 of 37

I didn't buy mine through Verizon either. I think i purchased this one through best buy as an unlocked phone (should be the same as directly through moto). 

PhxCliff
What's DOS?
Views: 390
Message 34 of 37

I'm having the same problem.  Moto Z2 Play.  Was on a verizon post-pay account and was using visual voice mail.  Was getting notifications as expected.  In February, my wife (Moto Z2 Force) and I paid off the phones and converted to a pre-pay account.  Voice mail was switched to regular voice mail since verison pre-pay does not support VMM.  Since then, we no longer receive voice mail notifications. We get Voice Mails, we just have to periodically call *86 to see if we received any new ones.  

I've spent hours on the phone with Verizon who say it must be a Moto problem, then spend an hour on the phone with Moto who say's it's a Verizon issue.  I've checked all notification settings on both the Phone app and the Voice Mail app.  I've checked my settings in the actual voice mail to ensure notifications are on.  I even tried Safe mode with no luck.  I don't know what else to try.  I'm at a dead end with both Moto and Verizon, pointing their fingers at each other.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 388
Message 35 of 37

I've heard that song sung a million times!

Configuring the phone's features is not up to the manufacturer of the device.  They just build the phone to spec and the carrier decides who gets which features.

In my experience personally with Verizon (who I left for T-Mobile) and after years in this forum, Verizon is not generous with features for their prepaid customers.  After all, there's a lot less money to be made in that arena.

I sincerely doubt...although it's possible, that Moto's operating system is blocking your voice mail messages.  

DaveMac3
Paper Tape
Views: 378
Message 36 of 37

I recently solved the problem.  I bought a Samsung S10.  It works perfectly.  I get the voicemail notification everytime!  It is also a much better phone as I get reception in places that I could not in the past.  Sorry Motorola, was a loyal user for 20+ years but you failed to help and I'm gone for good now.

LoriWNY
What's DOS?
Views: 202
Message 37 of 37

Check to see if you have an app other than the default android dialer installed.  I did have an app called True Phone installed which required that I set it as the default dialer.  That was the culprit for my voice mail notifications not appearing.  Once I stopped the True Phone app, changed the default dialer back to the stock Android dialer app, and restarted my Moto X4, my voice mail notifications have consistently appeared.  Hope this is helpful!

Top Kudoed Authors