Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BGroth
Paper Tape
Views: 123
Message 1 of 4

Phone won't turn on

My phone was at 74% power/charge when I turned it off.  I had it off for about 3 hours, then tried to turn it on again.  It will not turn on.  I have tried charging it, powering it on while plugged in using original cord, powering it on while plugged into computer USB, soft reset and hard reset.  There are no lights, vibrations or any indication of activity/power at all.  I have noticed that this seems to be a fairly common issue with a variety of ways to attempt to solve.  Is this a known issue, and is there some other way to resolve?

Thank you!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 53
Message 2 of 4

Re: Phone won't turn on

Hi BGroth,

Welcome to the community. We are ready to help here. Have you tried charging it using the original charger directly from a known good wall outlet? While plugged directly to a wall outlet, press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds. Let us know if it will give any signs of charging or if it will turn back on.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Highlighted
BGroth
Paper Tape
Views: 35
Message 3 of 4

Hi there,

Thank you for your response.  Yes, I have used the original charger, and have used multiple good outlets, as well as plugging into a computer, and then pressed and held the power button.  I attempted to press and hold the power button and the volume down button; nothing I have done has indicated any signs of life at all.

BGroth
Paper Tape
Views: 10
Message 4 of 4

I decided to send the phone in for repair.  I wasn't able to back it up or remove personal information because of the power issue.  Thank you for trying to help.

Top Kudoed Authors