Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
umbertones
802.11n
Views: 393
Message 1 of 9

Pie: Choosing which SIM card for a call

After fiddling for several weeks now, the behaviour of Pie is still a secret to me.

When I choose from contact app the phone uses a smart approach for the SIM card to call and is always right.

When I choose the phone app (for example the missed calls list) the phone always asks which SIM card to use and the beloved Android 8 "remember decision" checkbox is gone in Pie.

Am I the only one that is unhappy with that change?

Pls, Moto, fix this!

--
working with P50, T450 20BV001, Tablet 1838-2CG, caring for R61 7732-NDG, T530 2924-GJ4, L512 4444-4NG, R61i 7650-D6G, X60s 1703-3JG, X40 2371-8EG
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 344
Message 2 of 9

Re: Pie: Choosing which SIM card for a call

Hi umbertones,

Thanks for posting. I'll have my colleague to test this, you can do the manual ways for the meantime, I'll let you know once he confirms this. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 308
Message 3 of 9

Hi umbertones,

Sorry about the delay, I tried testing 'Smart Call' hear is what I found; 

On Pie —It seems to be that;

• If you have the 'Phone number' saved under contacts —you should still notice the 'checkbox' option to check for future calls.
  • If the number is not saved on your device—then you would not get an option to select—which leads the 'Pop up' every time you attempt to call that particular number.

Hope this clarifies! Do let us know if you have any questions?

Note: This is working as expected. 

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Highlighted
umbertones
802.11n
Views: 305
Message 4 of 9

Thanks for your reply. I agree that's the way it should work - and makes sense if it does.

But that's not the way it works on my phone. The contacs that don't show the checkbox are stored on my phone. But not on the google account, I use Nine because I sync my contacts with a zarafa server (exchange clone). And I've been doing this for several years now - never had a problem from Android 5 onwards.

This particular trouble startet with Pie. And - as I said - if I choose from contacts all works fine. Only when I choose a contact from the phone app my preferences are ignored.

--
working with P50, T450 20BV001, Tablet 1838-2CG, caring for R61 7732-NDG, T530 2924-GJ4, L512 4444-4NG, R61i 7650-D6G, X60s 1703-3JG, X40 2371-8EG
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 279
Message 5 of 9

@umbertones wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I agree that's the way it should work - and makes sense if it does.

But that's not the way it works on my phone. The contacs that don't show the checkbox are stored on my phone. But not on the google account, I use Nine because I sync my contacts with a zarafa server (exchange clone). And I've been doing this for several years now - never had a problem from Android 5 onwards.

This particular trouble startet with Pie. And - as I said - if I choose from contacts all works fine. Only when I choose a contact from the phone app my preferences are ignored.

Thanks for reverting, let me perform some more tests on this and get back to you. Will keep you posted if we need additional information.

I also wanted you to remove any launcher you are using and have your device set for default > This would automatically store all your contacts on the 'Google accounts' which should resolve the issue. Not sure, can we quickly test this? Let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

umbertones
802.11n
Views: 258
Message 6 of 9

I don't use a launcher.

Resetting or storing my Contacts in the Google account is absolutely no option, sorry for not being able to help here.
This has to be fixed in the phone app. Unfortunately clearing the cache of the phone app does not help. What will happen if I delete phone app data?
--
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 198
Message 7 of 9

@umbertones wrote:
I don't use a launcher.

Resetting or storing my Contacts in the Google account is absolutely no option, sorry for not being able to help here.
This has to be fixed in the phone app. Unfortunately clearing the cache of the phone app does not help. What will happen if I delete phone app data?

Sorry about the delay, you can proceed to delete the Phone Data/Cache--- you would not lose any data. In the meantime, our team is looking into this—will keep you posted once we hear back.

-Swaraj

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 145
Message 8 of 9

Hi @umbertones,

If you are still experiencing the issue, then—we might need a Bug Report to investigate this further. Here is how you can capture;

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]

2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

umbertones
802.11n
Views: 111
Message 9 of 9

Thanks for your effort.

The phone app was updated this week and it seems the bug has been fixed. All phone calls I initiated used the sim that was used last time when that number was called.

Great!

P.S. Version is 34.0.253691707

--
Top Kudoed Authors