Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rahul09
Token Ring
Views: 1,407
Message 1 of 2

Pixel launcher not working in android 9

I tried to install latest pixel launcher from apkmirrir website. The apk got installed, but after set it as default launcher, the launcher force closes repeatedly.  The pixel launcher is latest one(for android 9), and device also runs the same(android 9). Why it is not supported? And, in 2018 jan after oreo update, I had done the same, but, at that time there's no such issues. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,391
Message 2 of 2

Re: Pixel launcher not working in android 9

@Rahul09 wrote:

I tried to install latest pixel launcher from apkmirrir website. The apk got installed, but after set it as default launcher, the launcher force closes repeatedly.  The pixel launcher is latest one(for android 9), and device also runs the same(android 9). Why it is not supported? And, in 2018 jan after oreo update, I had done the same, but, at that time there's no such issues. 

The Pixel launcher is made for the Pixel phone. It is not unusual for APKs to not work when tried on phones they were not made for. 

You will have to ask the app developer why it worked on one OS and not on another. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors