Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luke1971
Paper Tape
Views: 237
Message 1 of 10

Problem in receiving calls

The phone has a black screen during the call and I can not answer. Which setting should be changed? The problem occurred accidentally when a call was answered and changed the phone settings. Android 9 is installed in the Moto X4.

thanks a lot

Luca
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 220
Message 2 of 10

Re: Problem in receiving calls

Hi Luca,

Thanks for posting. I'd like to confirm, does the screen goes black after you answer the call or it goes black before you answer the call? Does it happen with all of your contacts? Also, can you please elaborate what phone settings you noticed that has changed?

First, let's make sure that you're not using a phone case and screen protector. I would also recommend testing the proximity sensor on the Moto Help app > Hardware Test > Proximity Sensor. Let me know how it goes.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Luke1971
Paper Tape
Views: 190
Message 3 of 10

Unfortunately, the answer icon has disappeared and if I receive a phone call with the phone on standby, the icon is not activated and the screen remains black. When I receive the call with the active screen, I can not see the icon and I can not activate the conversation ....

Help....

Luca
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 173
Message 4 of 10

@Luke1971 wrote:
Unfortunately, the answer icon has disappeared and if I receive a phone call with the phone on standby, the icon is not activated and the screen remains black. When I receive the call with the active screen, I can not see the icon and I can not activate the conversation ....

Help....

Luca

If there's no screen overlay whenever you receive a call how would you know that someone is calling or how would you know if someone called? If possible can you send us a screenshot when you receive a call with an active screen? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Luke1971
Paper Tape
Views: 158
Message 5 of 10

Luke1971
Paper Tape
Views: 157
Message 6 of 10

Screenshot_20190208-080923.jpg

*removed attached photo*

Edited: for privacy - Rich

Luke1971
Paper Tape
Views: 156
Message 7 of 10

Attached are the screenshots of the active phone during the call ... the first picture with the default screen and the second with the call display ...

Thank you

Luca
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 138
Message 8 of 10

Hi Luca,

Thanks. Please make sure that the pop on screen is enabled in the Settings > Apps > Phone > App Notification > Enable Incoming Calls Make sound and pop on screen. Let me know if that helps thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Luke1971
Paper Tape
Views: 104
Message 9 of 10

Perfect works perfectly ... thank you very much ... it is very strange that such an important setting can be removed so easily

thanks a lot

Luca
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 49
Message 10 of 10

Hi Luke1971,

I'm glad to know about that. Let me know if you need further help. I'll mark this solved to make it easier for other users to see this. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors