Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notarymarce
What's DOS?
Views: 3,005
Message 1 of 24

Problems with microphone

Im having problems with the microphone on normal calls. Calls over Whatsapp work fine. Also recording my voice using other apps. However, when I receive a normal call my voice does not sound clear on the other end.

Ive had this problem since the begining, so please do not suggest factory reset.

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,927
Message 2 of 24

Re: Problems with microphone

Hi notarymarce,

I'm sorry to know about this issue, I will assist you on this. First, we can try to test the phone in safe mode.

To Enable Safe Mode:

1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.

2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears

4. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner

5. If the issue does not remain in safe mode, this indicates a third party application installed from the Play Store is causing the problem.

6. Restart the device to get out of safe mode and uninstall any recently installed applications.

*** Begin by looking for specific application types such as launchers, task killers or anti-virus apps.

Once the device is in safe mode, kindly try to make a phone call. Let me know how it goes. Goodluck!

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Dan2412
Paper Tape
Views: 2,506
Message 3 of 24

Have you found a solution to the mic problem in X4. I have been struggling with this since my purchase. Have tried all troubleshooting options as well as visited the service centre multiple times. Nothing has helped! I am stuck in this vicious circle of asking Moto for help and they directing to the service centre and the service centre checking and handing over back the phone saying it is fine and facing the trouble again.

They are not even ready to replace my device and i am now finally planning to sue the company. Looking for urgent advice or help if anyone has been able to find a solution to this or come and join me as I take legal action against the company.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,440
Message 4 of 24

Hi Dan2412,

Sorry to know about that. I understand that we'd like to get this resolved, thanks for reporting this to us. Could you please elaborate your issue with the microphone? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Dan2412
Paper Tape
Views: 2,287
Message 5 of 24

Hi Rich,

Other people are not able to hear me well over the phone. I believe this should not need more elaboration. Also the Moto team in India has all my details and service records but still unable to acknowledge and resolve my issue.

Thanks!

hoffborn
What's DOS?
Views: 2,013
Message 6 of 24

I too have the same problem. Phone is only 5 months old and this issue began about a month ago and getting worse.

On normal talk noone can hear me. On speaker phone I can be heard if I speak loudly and can be heard very softly.

I contacted everyone but noone has helped. I did restart in safe mode and same issue occurs.

Solutions???

Dan2412
Paper Tape
Views: 2,002
Message 7 of 24

Do not waste time. No use getting repaired. The service centres further spoil the phone opening and closing it. Ask company for a refund. Looks like this model is a defective one.

THILAK_KUMAR
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,697
Message 8 of 24

Go to safe mode and check bro if microphone works fine in safe mode then some third party apps would be a reasirfor Ur problem

Dan2412
Paper Tape
Views: 1,691
Message 9 of 24

Thanks.. But have already tried that!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,662
Message 10 of 24

Hi Dan2412,

Thanks for posting. I'd like to help. Have you tried checking the microphone on the Device Help > Fix > Hardware Test > Microphone? Let me know the results. Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors