03-06-2018 02:57 PM
Im having problems with the microphone on normal calls. Calls over Whatsapp work fine. Also recording my voice using other apps. However, when I receive a normal call my voice does not sound clear on the other end.
Ive had this problem since the begining, so please do not suggest factory reset.
03-08-2018 11:59 AM
I'm sorry to know about this issue, I will assist you on this. First, we can try to test the phone in safe mode.
To Enable Safe Mode:
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears
4. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner
5. If the issue does not remain in safe mode, this indicates a third party application installed from the Play Store is causing the problem.
6. Restart the device to get out of safe mode and uninstall any recently installed applications.
*** Begin by looking for specific application types such as launchers, task killers or anti-virus apps.
Once the device is in safe mode, kindly try to make a phone call. Let me know how it goes. Goodluck!
05-19-2018 03:25 AM
05-24-2018 09:09 AM
Sorry to know about that. I understand that we'd like to get this resolved, thanks for reporting this to us. Could you please elaborate your issue with the microphone? Thanks.
06-12-2018 11:12 PM
Other people are not able to hear me well over the phone. I believe this should not need more elaboration. Also the Moto team in India has all my details and service records but still unable to acknowledge and resolve my issue.
07-26-2018 09:07 PM
I too have the same problem. Phone is only 5 months old and this issue began about a month ago and getting worse.
On normal talk noone can hear me. On speaker phone I can be heard if I speak loudly and can be heard very softly.
I contacted everyone but noone has helped. I did restart in safe mode and same issue occurs.
09-10-2018 07:52 AM
Thanks for posting. I'd like to help. Have you tried checking the microphone on the Device Help > Fix > Hardware Test > Microphone? Let me know the results. Thanks.