Re: Problems with microphone

A positive result each time.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 594
Message 12 of 24

Hi Dan2412,

Thanks for the screenshot. It's clear that there's no issue with the microphone. Are you only having an issue during phone calls? Also, are you only experiencing this from a specific contact? Have you contacted your carrier regarding with your network? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Sudha6300
What's DOS?
Views: 539
Message 13 of 24

I'm also facing the same issue from day one and i visited service centre. But no use.

Its not a carrier issue, as i have used 3 carrier service in this mobile. Same issue with alla.

And it's not for specific number. ItsI there with all numbers.

Dan2412
Paper Tape
Views: 535
Message 14 of 24

I am quite sure, this is a defect common to all phones of this model & Motorola has conveniently closed their eyes to this.

Compare your x4 with any other phone (could be another Motorola), put both the phones to both ears and say a word. Voice heard on your x4 will be louder, which means that the mic on the other phone is more sensitive.

All Moto x4 owners should unite and ask the company for a proper resolution or compensation.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 525
Message 15 of 24

Hi Sudha6300Dan2412,

Are you only experiencing this with VOLTE calls or just with the regular phone calls? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Saq4
Paper Tape
Views: 507
Message 16 of 24

I am having the same issue when making/receiving phone calls.  People are telling my they cannot hear my or my calls are low.  I tested the microphone and it appears to be working fine.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 485
Message 17 of 24

Hi Saq4,

Thanks for posting here. We need to consider, if you have a good signal during the time you encounter this and also if the other party has a good signal. Are you only having this issue with a specific contact? Also, is this intermittent? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Saq4
Paper Tape
Views: 422
Message 18 of 24

Hi, sorry for the delayed response.. this is all the time for every call.  I was googling the issue and it appears someone already posted the same exact problem here.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-X4/Microphone-not-working-after-July-1st-2018-Security-Patch-Updat...

This issue also started for me after the july upgrade.  

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 410
Message 19 of 24

Hi Saq4,

Thanks for confirming. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

I checked the thread, we might need to get a BUG report from you too so we can investigate. When you encounter an issue please follow the steps below on how to generate a bug report. Thanks.

BUG REPORT FOR NORMAL ISSUE:
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

LeopoldX
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 396
Message 20 of 24

Hi,

I did all this steps listed by @Agent_Rich 31 days ago in thread quoted by @Saq4.

Already updated my profile here, sent bug logs to Lenovo and no solution was returned yet. They just ask to do same steps repeatedly.

This is a software issue with Phone.apk. All hardware's was ok. Microphone works well with all other apps ( video recording, audio recording, Skype, Telegram, Whatsapp, etc).

Thank you

LeopoldX

Top Kudoed Authors