Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roy62
Paper Tape
Views: 165
Message 1 of 5

Pull down settings menu missing Location

I am setting up a new Moto X4 and discovered that in the settings menu that you can access by pulling down from the top of the phone is missing the Location icon (where you also have Wifi, Bluetooth, Flashlight, etc).  I can turn Location on and off by accessing the Security and Location menu but it's so much easier and faster to do that from the pull down menu.  How can I get that icon to display in the pull down menu?

Thanks.

Porphyrius
802.11n
Views: 155
Message 2 of 5

Re: Pull down settings menu missing Location

As you are just settings up clear the app preferences.Sometimes and for whatever reasons they can get munged,

https://www.hardreset.info/devices/motorola/motorola-moto-x4/faq/faq/how-to-reset-app-preferences/

It's good to know this even if it doesn't cure the present problem Smiley Happy

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 149
Message 3 of 5

@Roy62 wrote:

I am setting up a new Moto X4 and discovered that in the settings menu that you can access by pulling down from the top of the phone is missing the Location icon (where you also have Wifi, Bluetooth, Flashlight, etc).  I can turn Location on and off by accessing the Security and Location menu but it's so much easier and faster to do that from the pull down menu.  How can I get that icon to display in the pull down menu?

Thanks.

Hi Roy62,

Thanks for posting. Please try to pull down the notification bar from the top of the screen > tap on the arrow pointing down beside the gear icon > tap the "pencil" icon > touch and hold the "Location" icon and drag it to the top to add it to your notification bar.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Mandy
Moto Support

Roy62
Paper Tape
Views: 137
Message 4 of 5

Thanks Mandy,

I never used that "pencil" icon but after taping that it showed me the Location and other 'tiles' in the bottom area that I could move.  I did drag them and now they (including Location) are in the pull down settings area that I expected.

That was great.

Thanks.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 61
Message 5 of 5

Hi Roy62,

We're glad we're able to sort this out. Let us know if you need further help. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors