Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Millewe
Paper Tape
Views: 3,224
Message 1 of 5

Retail Unlocked Moto X4 variant compatible with Project Fi?

I've chatted with Project Fi tech support who stated the Amazon Prime unlocked variant of Moto X4 ( https://www.amazon.com/Moto-4th-Generation-hands-free-Lockscreen/dp/B074VDZN5S )is compatible . But on Amazon site, a Moto agent and many responders have said it is not compatible. To make things more confusing, some owners of this variant have stated that it does work with Project Fi.

Does anyone here have this variant and can confirm that it does or does not with Project Fi?

Thanks.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 3,209
Message 2 of 5

Re: Retail Unlocked Moto X4 variant compatible with Project Fi?

@Millewe wrote:

I've chatted with Project Fi tech support who stated the Amazon Prime unlocked variant of Moto X4 ( https://www.amazon.com/Moto-4th-Generation-hands-free-Lockscreen/dp/B074VDZN5S )is compatible . But on Amazon site, a Moto agent and many responders have said it is not compatible. To make things more confusing, some owners of this variant have stated that it does work with Project Fi.

Does anyone here have this variant and can confirm that it does or does not with Project Fi?

Thanks.

The motorola specs for the retail unlocked X4 say it is compatible with Fi. The Amazon Prime variant is not considered Retail as it is customized.  

I will ask, but if you want Fi compatibility, purchase the Android one or Retail retail variant. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 3,207
Message 3 of 5

@AlphaDog wrote:

@Millewe wrote:

Thanks.

The motorola specs for the retail unlocked X4 say it is compatible with Fi. The Amazon Prime variant is not considered Retail as it is customized.  

I will ask, but if you want Fi compatibility, purchase the Android one or Retail retail variant. 

I am told it should work.

Usually radio support for Amazon phone is same as US retail, so I would be surprised if it didn't work. Where is the post by a Moto Agent? I don't see it saying FI won't work. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Millewe
Paper Tape
Views: 3,173
Message 4 of 5

The Answers section for this phone on Amazon has been edited to now show that it does work with Project Fi. (I confirmed this from an email message). A link was also provided to the this specific model (Amazon Prime) on Motorola.com does state it is compatible (you need to click on the + "View Full Specification" to see that Project Fi is listed under Carrier Compatibility. 

https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-x-gen-4-amazon-prime#motorola-features

Thank you for your reply!

DPGX
Punch Card
Views: 2,925
Message 5 of 5

Just received the retail model from Best Buy and worked like a charm.  Great phone so far I really like it.  Fi is my work line and reception is always amazing when on the road where I had a hard time finding another carrier with reliable LTE.

Top Kudoed Authors