Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fly056
Paper Tape
Views: 293
Message 1 of 7

Software update unsuccessful

I have the Moto X4, purchased retail unlocked and being used on Sprint.  I have never unlocked the bootloader or rooted the phone.  I am currently on PPW29.69-39-2.  I have an OTA update to PPW29.69-39-2-3 showing available.  Every time it tries to connect, it says that it is unsuccessful.  It gets to step 3 of 6 before it stops.  Of note, it did have a problem yesterday where it stopped working entirely and I had to connect it to the computer to finally get it to restart.  It does seem to be working normally otherwise at this time.

I tried to use the Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant, but under the Flash/Upgrade section, it says Feature available soon.

Any way to be able to force the update through?  

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 242
Message 2 of 7

Re: Software update unsuccessful

Hi Fly056,

Thanks for posting. Can you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. 

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Fly056
Paper Tape
Views: 227
Message 3 of 7

Hello Rich,

That was already done prior to posting the question.

Deathsykle
Punch Card
Views: 198
Message 4 of 7

Had the same issue, had to send the device in and got sent a refurbished one back. If its an android one model this will occur randomly because moto will push an update to the android one device that is meant for the standard X4...
Fly056
Paper Tape
Views: 154
Message 5 of 7

I ended up doing the Restore function via the Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant and that ended up working.  I'm not sure why the OTA update was broken on this phone, though.

tuliusy2k
Paper Tape
Views: 121
Message 6 of 7

Don't you have the OTA Software update notification every 5 minutes???

Did the phone got updated?

Highlighted
Fly056
Paper Tape
Views: 96
Message 7 of 7

With the reset option, it loaded the latest firmware to the device.  I was getting the OTA Notification constantly and when I clicked to update, it was erroring out.  Now I'm up to date and its ok.

Top Kudoed Authors