Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
decyther74
SCSI Port
Views: 3,581
Message 11 of 76

Re: Speaker sound suddenly became very low

Same issue, all notifications are barely audible even with slider on max. Get it sorted Lenovo.

Bryanmsi
Paper Tape
Views: 3,569
Message 12 of 76

I have the same problem - it seems to be the case that the phone lowers volume assuming the phone is held to head and then never rasies the volume again.

A restart reliably fixes the issue, but it is pretty annoying!  

BenAtWork
What's DOS?
Views: 3,526
Message 13 of 76

I just bought a Moto X4 and am seeing the same issue.  I allowed the phone to install OS updates as I was setting it up.  So, I didn't have a lot of experience with it before the updates and therefore cannot say if the updates caused the issue.  Is there a way to find out if this is being worked on?  It's super-annoying.

Siwat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,435
Message 14 of 76

I got the same problem now. Try to clear cache, reboot ,reset application, run on safe mode many times , it didn't work at all. I don't want to reset the factory. I still believe this is the software bug. As I checked in the internet , in the old android version, they have special code in developer /debug mode for adjust the voice sound but I can not using it in MotoX4

I have to switch to MiA1 phone today because of the Moto X4 voice of calling, ringing is very very low.  This also all the youtube, or play the song in the Internet. Please help release the new software in order to fix this bug as soon as possible

Android version 8.0.0 

Security Patch 1.2018

Build number OPWS27.2.1 

Motorola version OPWS27.57-40-6

Bryanmsi
Paper Tape
Views: 3,419
Message 15 of 76

Re: Speaker sound suddenly became very low - easy workaround

It is absolutely a software bug, but I have found a workaround that so far is 100% effective on my Moto X4. 

Toggle bluetooth on and off. 

That's it. As soon as Bluetooth powers off, my speaker volume immediately jumps back to normal. Works like a champ, and works every time in my testing. I've been getting into the habit of doing this each evening so I don't miss an alarm sound, and its easy to do if I notice it during every day use. 

Until Motorola fixes this, I hope this tip helps others, 

Siwat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,415
Message 16 of 76

it didn't work for my case for toggle Bluetooth on and off. Thanks for your sharing about your testing. I hope Motorola understand this case and fixed this bug asap.
Bryanmsi
Paper Tape
Views: 3,405
Message 17 of 76

Bummer - I wish it worked for you, since it is such an easy step. Odd that it works so repeatedy for my Moto, but not for yours.  I agree Moto needs to get this resolved!!

Uhmol
What's DOS?
Views: 3,397
Message 18 of 76

@Bryanmsi wrote:

It is absolutely a software bug, but I have found a workaround that so far is 100% effective on my Moto X4. 

Toggle bluetooth on and off. 

That's it. As soon as Bluetooth powers off, my speaker volume immediately jumps back to normal. Works like a champ, and works every time in my testing. I've been getting into the habit of doing this each evening so I don't miss an alarm sound, and its easy to do if I notice it during every day use. 

Until Motorola fixes this, I hope this tip helps others, 

Doesn't work for me, but the first time I tried my phone got stuck and I need to reboot via power button. It seems a bluetooth related issue...

Moto X4 (XT1900-7) Android 8.0.0 patch 02/2018
Siwat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,389
Message 19 of 76

I have tested 2-3 time and reboot my phone as well. It still didn't work. Anyway, Thanks a lot for your information. 

First, I thought my case it might relate to Google's cast music device but I have reset and uninstall this connection. It is not working. 

Siwat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,351
Message 20 of 76

I just reset my phone to the factory this morning. It didn't work. very sad.    

Top Kudoed Authors