Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LouiFL
Paper Tape
Views: 1,528
Message 21 of 74

Re: Speaker sound suddenly became very low

Not to pile on, but it seems this has not been fixed yet.

decyther74
SCSI Port
Views: 1,521
Message 22 of 74

@LouiFL wrote:

Not to pile on, but it seems this has not been fixed yet.

And given lenovo's track record on such things probably won't be anytime soon...

Siwat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,513
Message 23 of 74

It seems Moto keeps quiet about this issue until now. I think I should go to Moto's shop to investigate and repair it tomorrow. 

decyther74
SCSI Port
Views: 1,506
Message 24 of 74

@Siwat wrote:

It seems Moto keeps quiet about this issue until now. I think I should go to Moto's shop to investigate and repair it tomorrow. 

If it's a software issue, which it most likely is all they will do is either reset it back to factory default or tell you to wait and see if it gets fixed in an update.

BenAtWork
What's DOS?
Views: 1,497
Message 25 of 74

I figured out the issue for my case...  I have a Samsung Gear S2 smartwatch which connected to the phone via bluetooth.  In the bluetooth settings of the phone, I turned off the watch as a phone headset and music player.  Now, my phone alerts play through the phone at proper volume.

decyther74
SCSI Port
Views: 1,490
Message 26 of 74

I'm using a gear S3, there's a few people on the subreddit for motox4 that have the same issue and quite a few use a gear watch..  I won't disable the bt call function as it's one of the reasons I bought the watch as I'm disabled 🧐

LouiFL
Paper Tape
Views: 1,486
Message 27 of 74

I dare say that most people experiencing the problem are not using a smartwatch, so I am not sure how relevant your comment is or that you will not experience the problem at some point without the watch.

Bryanmsi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,482
Message 28 of 74

I am also using a Gear S3 watch. No matter how many other bluetooth devices are connected to the phone, when a call comes in the phone defaults to the Gear S3.   But in any case, the problem of low speaker volume happens after I make/recieve a phone call (no matter which audio option I use), and in my case always seems to work normally again after I toggle Bluetooth on and of.  Or do a restart of the phone.  I wonder if some of the people reporting this issue actuallly have a defective speaker, since the reboot option works so reliably for many of us?

LouiFL
Paper Tape
Views: 1,481
Message 29 of 74

A reboot won't fix a bad speaker, unfortunately.

Siwat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,436
Message 30 of 74

I went to Moto shop today. Moto technician found some dust in the speaker ( inside) , have to clean it. The sound is back to normal about ringing, calling and listen to the youtube music.

Anyway, I never found the speaker problem before in other brands. ie Nexus. 

Have fun. 

Top Kudoed Authors