Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 995
Message 41 of 75

Re: Speaker sound suddenly became very low

@Dharven wrote:

I am facing the same issue. No sound coming from the speaker. It's been only 25 days since I purchased. Bluetooth toggle works sometimes but suddenly it will stop. Don't know what's the solution for this

That's weird. Can you test all items under Audio in the Device Help app? Let me know what the results are.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

tanmay225
Punch Card
Views: 939
Message 42 of 75

yes i have tired all the item under audio in the device help app. all are passed, but still sound is slow
Chetia89
What's DOS?
Views: 935
Message 43 of 75

Volume is too low while playing music, playing games and during calls in speaker mode as well. It's like the volume bar is at level 1. Tried in safe mode, same issue. During hardware test, yes I can hear the minimal sound. It says failed if I click on unable to hear and says pass if I click on able to hear. That's it. I don't want to do factory reset. Please help!!!!!!
tanmay225
Punch Card
Views: 929
Message 44 of 75

you Motorola guys are looser unable to give a solutions since we get Oreo update.
decyther74
SCSI Port
Views: 922
Message 45 of 75

I've noticed that my issues with the volume dropping have rectified themselves since I stopped using a Samsung Gear S3 and started using a Fitbit Versa instead.  

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 904
Message 46 of 75

Hi guys,

Is this issue persisting with or without a case? Have you checked to make sure that there's no dirt or dust build-up in the speakers? 

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

payton-xt1900
Punch Card
Views: 901
Message 47 of 75

@Agent_JM wrote:

Have you checked to make sure that there's no dirt or dust build-up in the speakers? 

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

Don't you think..it is your responsibility to sure that no dirt or dust should build up in the speaker..on a ip68 certified device..? 

It is really useless and irresponsible act by official guys.

LouiFL
Paper Tape
Views: 889
Message 48 of 75

I'm sorry, this is simply NOT a dirt in the speaker issue. It is a software/firmware issue. It is intermittent. It comes and goes. One minute the volume fine and then without doing anything to the phone it suddenly goes into a low volume condition. You can usually cure it until the next time by turning Bluetooth on and off. 

I am not criticizing MOTO, Lenovo or you as the staff. These are complicated devices and stuff happens. 30 plus years in IT have taught me that. I guess I just feel like Lenovo needs to pay a little more attention. This thread was started back in December and no one from Lenovo has commented in this thread since that time, until last week. I would appreciate it if you could get the company to pay a little more attention to this issue. It is real.  Now that you are here, please don't just leave us for half a year again.

Bryanmsi
Paper Tape
Views: 877
Message 49 of 75

The LITERAL definition of IP68 means dust is not allowed to penetrate the device.  I'm not sure if Moto is saying the X4 is actually NOT IP68-certified or that somehow the IP68 means something different?  If it is the former, I'm guessing many of us will demand a refund. I certainly would have chosen a different phone if the X4 was not IP68.

IP68Protected from total dust ingress.

Protected from long term immersion up to a specified pressure.

Bryanmsi
Paper Tape
Views: 875
Message 50 of 75

Agree that it is software.  At least in my case.  Toggling bluetooth on and off instantly restores normal volume.  The fact that this is so easily reproduceable should make the resolution simpler. Having missed several alarms due to this is extremely frustrating and I am also suprrised the problem hasn't been prioritized for a fix. 

Top Kudoed Authors