Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebeighe
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,267
Message 1 of 12

Teamviewer QuickSupport no longer works on my Moto X4

Teamviewer QuickSupport 

Anybody else using this app? It's a remote control app.

It worked great... up until about 6 months ago.

I had recently deleted and reinstalled it. Now no good. The phone is now Android 9 / Pie, when the app was working the phone had been some sort of Oreo.

When the dialog about special access permissions appears, touching "open settings" nothing happens and QS just waits for connection.

The remote side can connect (chat works, as does request screenshot, apps, dashboard, etc) but cannot "see" the screen or remote control.

Capture.JPG

The remote control sceen just always says "connecting to x xxx xxx xxx..."

It feels like a permissions thing; but I don't see any other choices/ ?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,231
Message 2 of 12

Re: Teamviewer QuickSupport no longer works on my Moto X4

Hi ebeighe,

Greetings from Motorola & thanks for posting here.

We request you to check these below checkpoints & let us know.

1. Click here to check which are the operating systems are compatible with your device.

2. Click here to download older TeamViewer versions.

3. Check, your TeamViewer plan is compatible with the latest version.

4. We also request you to let us know, how are you trying to connect with a phone or computer? and their Operating System names.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

ebeighe
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,218
Message 3 of 12

thx; here's the info:

1: I'm using windows (10) to try to connect with the phone.

2. I'm using Teamviewer 13 on windows 10; but note that the issue revolves around the app on the phone. 

3. my plan is "free for personal use"

4. I'm connecting my computer (windows 10, using the Teamviewer 13) to connect to the phone with the Teamviewer Quicksuppot app installed on the phone.

manullord
Paper Tape
Views: 1,161
Message 4 of 12

Hi, same here, once udated my Motorola One to Android P, I cannot make teamviewer work as before with Android 8.1

It seems the new Android is missing the 'Special Access' option

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,157
Message 5 of 12

Has anyone contacted TeamViewer?

manullord
Paper Tape
Views: 1,154
Message 6 of 12

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,125
Message 7 of 12

Sorry, but showing us a post on the Teamviewer website that says someone else has the same problem, does not mean that Teamview was contacted for help.

ebeighe
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,069
Message 8 of 12

understood.

The troubles i've seen with TV support, such as it is, are so far:

1) their community boards seem confusing, it just has zillions of topics in one forum called "general" so issues get quickly buried... and there doesn't appear to be monitored by TV personnel, or at least not on routine basis.

2) i can't figure out how to actually submit something, e.g. "open a ticket" or whatever.

3) this might have to do with not paying. TV's capabilities are awesome and worth paying (something) for; but in case you aren't familiar with their product pricing, it's free for personal use (me); the LEAST expensive paid offering is $600 a year per person.

I did send some random person who is idendified as a TV software QA person a PM thru their community. maybe that will help but i have no idea.

In the meantime i think we can apply some logic to the situation; here is the alert, it's an android system alert -- why does touching on this cause nothing to happen? in previous versions (e.g. android 8.1) on the same Moto X4 touching this alert opened a system setting page. Why does that no longer happen (with Pie on the X4)?

motoX4elevated.JPG

sp_sg
What's DOS?
Views: 730
Message 9 of 12

TeamViewer stopped working for Remote Control after upgrading my Moto G6 from Oreo to Pie. After the upgrade I could get the Host started on the phone, but Remote Control would get stuck with Connecting ....

After uninstalling Teamviewer from the phone and reinstalling, I am unable to assign the special permission for the Host and also lost the ability to start Host remotely. QuickSupport has similiar issues. It seems that the special permission that TeamViewer is asking for are no longer available in the Moto Pie updates.

I have seen several other posts that are pointing to the same issues after upgrading to Pie on Moto phones.

I hope a future update from Moto would be able to bring this functionality back.

I would really like to see a workaround for this, if anyone has any suggestions. 

Downgrading to Oreo does not seem to be an option that is straight forward and comes with its own risks and gotchas.

-Sachin

ebeighe
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 716
Message 10 of 12

you should go leave a (presumably bad) review on the app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamviewer.quicksupport.market&hl=en_US

yeah. i (remain) really aggravated by this. I have an elderly remote relative with a moto x4 for whom this was a key feature; so this really sucks.

Who to blame, though? I mean is it motorola's fault, or teamview's?

teamviewer's ("community") support is non-existant.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-General/Can-no-longer-view-or-control-my-android-phon...

Top Kudoed Authors