Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rafal21
Paper Tape
Views: 1,979
Message 1 of 13

Time pops up every time the phone moves

Is there a way to disable this super annoying feature? Why would I want to see the time every time the phone is touched, moved or the table which it lies on shakes etc?

Yes, I want to see the notification of the calls, messages etc as they come through but I don't want to see the clock showing up every time there is the slightest movement with the phone. 

This must be driving nuts a countless number of moto phone users. 

is this possible to do without disabling the active display altogether?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,932
Message 2 of 13

Re: Time pops up every time the phone moves

@Rafal21 wrote:

Is there a way to disable this super annoying feature? Why would I want to see the time every time the phone is touched, moved or the table which it lies on shakes etc?

Yes, I want to see the notification of the calls, messages etc as they come through but I don't want to see the clock showing up every time there is the slightest movement with the phone. 

This must be driving nuts a countless number of moto phone users. 

is this possible to do without disabling the active display altogether?

Most people use their phone as a watch - so i think most users like this.  I do

i know of no way to disable it.  

It is also a user feedback mechanism - so you know the movement activated the screen.  If it were blank, you could not tell between no messages and failed to activate. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Rafal21
Paper Tape
Views: 1,925
Message 3 of 13

Ok, I am glad that there are people out there who find it useful.

What is missing here is the ability to disable it for those people who are annoyed or distracted by this feature. Myself, like many other people who I have seen posted about it years ago (I thought that maybe there has been some solution for this now), are distracted by the fact that the clock shows up upon slightest movement of the phone thinking that maybe txt message came through or some other important notification. If I wanted to see the time I would have pressed the side button, there is no need to check it every 10 seconds.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,921
Message 4 of 13

@Rafal21 wrote:

Ok, I am glad that there are people out there who find it useful.

What is missing here is the ability to disable it for those people who are annoyed or distracted by this feature. Myself, like many other people who I have seen posted about it years ago (I thought that maybe there has been some solution for this now), are distracted by the fact that the clock shows up upon slightest movement of the phone thinking that maybe txt message came through or some other important notification. If I wanted to see the time I would have pressed the side button, there is no need to check it every 10 seconds.

If it didn't show the clock, how would you know if the screen was turning on or not if there are no notifications?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Rafal21
Paper Tape
Views: 1,918
Message 5 of 13

The notification icon is bright, would it not be enough?

Or, yes, let's keep the time popping up but ONLY when the txt comes through etc.

Do you know what I mean? I am ok with the time as long as it shows along with another event, not just because I touched the phone. 

enriquejones
Paper Tape
Views: 1,909
Message 6 of 13

Yes, you're not the only one having this problem. Ironically, I had the very first MotoX, and it had this exact same problem... It's now 5 years later, and it still hasn't been fixed!

Please Lenovo/Moto, add an option in the Moto App that lets me set the sensitivity of the Moto Display!

Let me set it so the phone has to be moved a significant amount before the notifications/clock is displayed; not every time the desk shakes a little.

Rafal21
Paper Tape
Views: 1,905
Message 7 of 13

After reading those posts from 2012 or so I thought that perhaps 5 years later this would have been fixed.

Looks like no Smiley Sad

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,898
Message 8 of 13

@Rafal21 wrote:

After reading those posts from 2012 or so I thought that perhaps 5 years later this would have been fixed.

Looks like no Smiley Sad

It sounds like you both are describing different issues:

1. Sensitivity of display coming on

2. Display showing clock when no notifications

I agree that sometimes the phone comes on too easily - but depending on the phone it could be the wave to wake and not the lift to wake that triggers it. I would like to disable the feature when in a car so car motion or my flailing while driving doesn't activate the screen. 

As for clock showing every time screen comes on, I have not seen many other complaints about that. With an Amoled screen, you could not tell if screen activated or not if there was nothing on the display. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,897
Message 9 of 13

@AlphaDog wrote:

@Rafal21 wrote:

Looks like no Smiley Sad

It sounds like you both are describing different issues:

1. Sensitivity of display coming on

2. Display showing clock when no notifications

I agree that sometimes the phone comes on too easily - but depending on the phone it could be the wave to wake and not the lift to wake that triggers it. I would like to disable the feature when in a car so car motion or my flailing while driving doesn't activate the screen. 

As for clock showing every time screen comes on, I have not seen many other complaints about that. With an Amoled screen, you could not tell if screen activated or not if there was nothing on the display. 

Maybe i misunderstood though, and you both are talking about motion waking the phone to easily. 

Rafal21
Paper Tape
Views: 1,892
Message 10 of 13

Yes, you are correct.

We are describing the same problem. The clock comes on too easily due to the motion sensor capturing some sort of movement with the phone.

I just want for this to happen when I get txt message or facebook notification or whatever notification might be, not just because the phone has been moved or touched or because my neighbour's dog barked louder than usual Smiley Happy

Top Kudoed Authors