Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
e_normous
What's DOS?
Views: 162
Message 1 of 6

Unable to activate on Sprint network

I'm trying to use my wife's previous Fi-purchased Moto X4 on Sprint or a Sprint MVNO. Whenever I check the IMEI with any of available tools online (Ting, Sprint, Tello, etc), it tells me it cannot be activated on Sprint. Ting reports that it is able to be used on GSM carriers.

When I contacted Fi support about this they told me that the phone is fully unlocked and able to be activated on any carrier. When I asked Sprint support about this they said that they cannot add it to their network because Motorola has it incorrectly entered in their database, effectively locking it to Fi.

I've gone through multiple rounds with support, with no resolution. I'm having a very hard time believing there isn't anything that can be done so that we can use this device on the Sprint network.

Please help!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 103
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to activate on Sprint network

Hi e_normous,

Thanks for reporting this. I will have the team check on this. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. I will let you know for an update. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

e_normous
What's DOS?
Views: 100
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for checking on it. My phone information is already present and correct in my profile.
Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 72
Message 4 of 6

Hi e_normous,

Thanks. I'll keep you posted. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 48
Message 5 of 6

Hi! 

Thank you for your patience, you should now be able to activate on the Sprint now--sorry about the delay.

You can add you IMEI --here is the link: https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/bring-your-phone-to-sprint.html?INTCID=LP:BYODSmiley FrustratedTEPS:1:EC&flow=BYOD&pag...

Let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

e_normous
What's DOS?
Views: 43
Message 6 of 6

Thank you!!

Top Kudoed Authors