Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebasista
Paper Tape
Views: 212
Message 21 of 25

Re: Unlocked X4 does not recognize SIM card

Same problem here.  Luckilly mine is only a few month (Feb 2019) old.  This is complete BS on Motorolla's part.  They should push another OTA to fix the F'up.

I'd hope that they would replace out of warranty phones as in this case its not a defect in the hardware but a defect in what they did with a faulty OTA.

jonhopkins54
Paper Tape
Views: 196
Message 22 of 25

I also have this exact same problem. My phone is over the 1 year Warranty (It was expired on Apr 24, 2019). This issue happened June 11th. This is extreamly frustrating. Motorola/Google Fi better make this right if they dont want me dont boycott their brands. -Repost 

jonhopkins54
Paper Tape
Views: 199
Message 23 of 25

Re: OTA Update reset Unlocked X4 IMEI to 0!

I also have this exact same problem. My phone is over the 1 year Warranty (It was expired on Apr 24, 2019). This issue happened June 11th. This is extreamly frustrating. Motorola/Google Fi better make this right if they dont want me dont boycott their brands. -Repost 

daneh3nd0
Paper Tape
Views: 177
Message 24 of 25

My Moto X4 xt1900-1 Android One intermittently allows me to send and receive texts, calls, and use mobile data (4g).  The SD card in the same slot works fine.  I have done all steps except factory reset.  I **removed** on the Boost network, but it displays Sprint as my carrier.  Yes, I know Boost uses Sprint towers.  No, Sprint is never displayed as my carrier.  Boost is.

I have removed the SIM because of the annoyance caused by the constant notifications.  The sequence was as follows: 1)  Receive text.  2)Attempt to respond.  3)  Receive notification that "SIM Card Has Locked.  Contact Your Carrier If Problem Persists.".  4)  Take out frustration on previous phone.

I got this phone last Friday, the 28th of June, 2019.  Assistance would be welcomed at this point.  The clock is ticking, gentlemen.  The clock is ticking.

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language - Rich

Highlighted
jamesaaronlee
What's DOS?
Views: 73
Message 25 of 25

Re: OTA Update reset Unlocked X4 IMEI to 0!

Where do I update my profile to have my serial?
Top Kudoed Authors