Did you mean: 
gcomp
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,430
Message 31 of 96

Re: Update to 8.1 broke Android auto

@Agent_JM wrote:

Hello guys,

We'd like to get some bug reports to investigate this further. Our engineers are hard at work to root cause this issue and we will appreciate all the cooperation and help that we can get from you. 

Below are the steps for getting bug report:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number seven times on the build number to enable a new Settings item, Developer options.
2. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
3. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
4. Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
5. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
6. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
7. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Note: Step 1 should read: Setting -> System -> About Phone

Will PM the shared googledrive link

Mike0001
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,386
Message 32 of 96

Suresh_M
What's DOS?
Views: 3,343
Message 33 of 96

• Go to Settings
  • Go to Security & Location
  • Go to Screen Lock
  • Select "None" (do not select any other type of screen lock option)
  • Restart your phone
  • Try reconnecting the device to your car
csudvm
Paper Tape
Views: 3,315
Message 34 of 96

Turning off screen lock isn't helpful for those of us that are required to maintain locked screens for work. It's not even an option for me.

gcomp
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,302
Message 35 of 96

Same issue for me!
Not helpful ...
epoch70
Paper Tape
Views: 3,299
Message 36 of 96

I agree that's not a long-term solution but did it work? I'm curious because for me even if I unlock the phone before I even turn my car on and then plug in the USB cable that doesn't fix the issue, so it'd be interesting from a troubleshooting standpoint if there's something related to the lock screen even being enabled.

I can't try it tonight but I'll give it a shot tomorrow just to see if it works. But yeah, not a permanent fix by any means.

Mike0001
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,265
Message 37 of 96

Yes.  Turning off screenlock allows me to connect.  As others have pointed out this is less than ideal.

bugas
Punch Card
Views: 3,180
Message 38 of 96

Same problem. On my 2018 Hyundai Sonata. And also on a second car with a Sony xav- ax100. X4 on protect fI.

Audiphile
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,171
Message 39 of 96

What is really frustrating is that Lenovo/Moto is still pushing out this update to every phone! I just warrantied my phone so that I can roll back to 8.0 and guess what? It's asking to update to 8.1!!! Same build number as broke USB on my previous phone.. Sorry to say, I'm not going back to moto after this. 

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,134
Message 40 of 96

Hello guys,

We thank you all for reporting this issue. We appreciate all the cooperation and assistance you have provided, especially those who have provided bug reports. Our product team is working on a fix which will be included in a future update.

In the meantime, the following steps are recommended:

• Go to Settings
  • Go to Security & Location
  • Go to Screen Lock
  • Select "None" (do not select any other type of screen lock option)
  • Restart your phone
  • Try reconnecting the device to your car

I will mark this as a solution to let everyone know that this will be addressed in a future update. I will update this particular post once I get more information.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Top Kudoed Authors