Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mickrussom
HDMI
Views: 4,708
Message 71 of 91

Re: Update to 8.1 broke Android auto

exactly, they listen to convos, know your heart beats, know where you are, what you eat and like, but somehow when your phone is riddled with security holes and massive bugs they are nowhere to be found.
StealthViper
What's DOS?
Views: 4,533
Message 72 of 91

This is still not solved in any way shape or form! Disabling locking mechanisms is NOT a solution. This update came out over two months ago, where is the FIX?!

jkbike
Paper Tape
Views: 4,378
Message 73 of 91

How is this marked as solved? This is not solved!

mickrussom
HDMI
Views: 489
Message 74 of 91

still not solved. almost 3 months.
Mike0001
Fanfold Paper
Views: 470
Message 75 of 91

I'm not sure if its been reported here but in the  8-1 Broke-USB-Transfer-Capabilities thread there are some users reporting that the May security patch fixes things.  So far that has only gone out to a small percentage of users which I gather is standard practice for update pushes.  Within about another month I'm guessing we should all be getting that update.

My biggest gripe with this whole process is the apparent disregard for any need to keep the cusomer informed.  We shouldn't have to rely on word of mouth and guesswork to track this issue.  Lenovo engineers could be doing a masterful job of finding and correcting this bug and it wont matter if Lenovo customer service is failing to tell anyone what is going on which frustrates and angers the custormers.

Tact2
What's DOS?
Views: 370
Message 76 of 91

I agree.

And this issue is far from solved.  Remove security features is not a fix.  It's been months....  I'm not buying a Moto phone again, and I hope Google Fi is smart enough to not do business with this company again.

Was using the USB port not a part of the testing phase before releasing this update?  That's pretty basic stuff Lenovo.

mickrussom
HDMI
Views: 343
Message 77 of 91

get this, fi just got into bed with the lenovorola g6 and thats not even android one, so the nightmare will begin anew.
Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 266
Message 78 of 91

Hi guys,

I know waiting could be frustrating. Emotions ran high but we understand all your sentiments regarding this USB issue. I am glad to inform you that the improvements have started rolling out in stages. You will just receive a notification on your phone once it is available. Once you got it, share your feedback right away.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Brent27
Paper Tape
Views: 261
Message 79 of 91

I just installed the update and I will let you know if it test it on my drive home.

Sethrich
What's DOS?
Views: 217
Message 80 of 91

Installed the June update (OPW28.2) today. Plugged my phone into my car and BAM -- Android Auto came up immediately! It looks like it is actually fixed!

Top Kudoed Authors