Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robosledge
Punch Card
Views: 2,053
Message 11 of 120

Re: issues after 8.1.0 update - no android auto w/car

The bigger issue is with the USB connectivity (which is what android auto uses to connect to car head unit). Turning off screen lock & rebooting is a work aorund that I have confirmed works. However you will lose the ability to do anything that requires a screen lock (like google pay) or, you know, secure your phone. Also, one of my phones has work crednetials on it thus not allowing screen lock to be tunred off so this work around doesn't even work for this phone. This is a big issue that hopefully will be resolved soon.

Brent27
Paper Tape
Views: 2,046
Message 12 of 120

Re: Update to 8.1 broke Android auto

disabling the lock screen and rebooting will get it to work but it is not a good solution
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,029
Message 13 of 120

Hi guys,

I apologize for the slight delay in responding back and thank you for these reports. I know this could be a little frustrating. We'd like to know more about it. If you haven't yet, would you please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Brent27
Paper Tape
Views: 2,026
Message 14 of 120

I have updated my profile and added my IMEI. What do I need to do to enable Motorola privacy
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,018
Message 15 of 120

@Brent27 wrote:
I have updated my profile and added my IMEI. What do I need to do to enable Motorola privacy

Thank you for updating your profile and for your cooperation. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on.

By the way, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Brent27
Paper Tape
Views: 2,008
Message 16 of 120

I tried disabling power optimization on a number of apps and that did not fix it. I also tried the troubleshooting here https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2840804. Project fi also suggested the following steps:
Step 1: Check computer software.

Windows users, check to see if you have the latest version of Windows Media Player and have installed all recent system updates. Visit http://windows.microsoft.com/ for more information.

Step 2: Check for system updates.
Step 3: Restart your device in safe mode.
Step 4: Unlock your device.
Step 5: Connect USB cable directly into computer.
Step 6: Test if you can transfer files.
Step 7: Change your USB computer connection settings.

I also went to developer settings and I tried changing the usb connection type to charging from MTP and back to MTP. None of these worked.

Disabling the screen lock fixes it but I need to lock my phone.

csudvm
Paper Tape
Views: 1,982
Message 17 of 120

I'm having the same problem. No android auto, and no functionality at all through a USB connection except charging. I can't use the work around of disabling screen lock because I have sensitive data on my phone and have to keep it locked down.

BigDaddySlim
What's DOS?
Views: 1,943
Message 18 of 120

Same issue. IMIE is in user profile. Have already tried multiple cables. Multiple USB ports Mac and Windows as well as Car Infotainment system. Also tried restarting the device as well as deleting and re-installing Android Auto.

Adri3n
Paper Tape
Views: 1,852
Message 19 of 120

I have two Moto X4 and Android Auto stopped working on both after updating to 8.1. one of the phones has to have a lockscreen do to my work account so that is not an option for me. It's really not much of an option on either phone since we like keeping them secure. This really needs to get fixed,Auto is something we use a lot in all our vehicles .

mp3durbin
What's DOS?
Views: 1,812
Message 20 of 120

I'm having the same problem. No android auto, and no functionality at all through a USB connection except charging.  Both 2017 Civic Si and 2016 Civic 4dr.  Tried diff cable and tons of setting changes.

Top Kudoed Authors