Re: Update to 8.1 broke Android auto

So we have to just wait and pray...

janc3510
What's DOS?
Views: 1,736
Message 92 of 120

Hello.

I got a new phone from Project Fi since i thought i could have a defective phone. It was working fine connecting to my car automatically until all of those updates came out. 

The last version i have is 8.10 and OP28.2

Is that the one it was suposed to be fixed by now? or should I wait to another update?

Thank you

VarunDhawan45
What's DOS?
Views: 1,351
Message 93 of 120

This is not a solution, this is workaround (use the support terms appropritely)

Why this is not a solution?

- I am using AMZ PRIME Version of Moto X4 on T-Mobile

- My phone android version is 8.1.0 (OPWS28.3.1) - Security Patch July 1, 2018

- In Setting - Security & Location - Screen Lock, I DO NOT have an option to select NONE, Instead I only have below options

• Swipe
  • Pattern
  • PIN
  • Password

So do you want us to set this to Swipe? Please explain?

Why this issue needs a fix immediately?

- The bug is related to Android Auto (AA). Most of the people are using AA for maps and navigation while driving, hence it's really furtating when you're driving at 40 miles per hr with assistance of maps and suddenly AA disconnects leaving you with a blank screen!

- I am sure there are uses trying to try unplugging / plugging back USB to get the navigation back, however this is too risky!

What does all Motorola customers  facing this issue needs to know?

a. Is this a bug with  Android Auto App or Andriod 8.1 or Device (Moto X4 in my case)

b. What is Motorola doing about it?

c. Is there an ETA to point b. ?

Thanks,

A concerned Motorola user!

rockinamigo14
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,310
Message 94 of 120

Bluetooth connectivity with car

My Moto X4 has had some ups and downs with my 2013 Toyota Corolla bluetooth system. I have connected numerous other devices without these issues so I feel fairly confident that it is the phone and not the car.

Occasionally the phone will get stuck on 'Connecting...' when trying to connect to the car. When it does connect, after several minutes, it says 'Connected(no media)'. Any music, Google Assistant voices, podcasts, etc. all come through the phone's speaker. Phone calls, however, still are connected and come through the car speakers.

If I disconnect and reconnect, music works fine but Google Assistant and Google Maps are borderline useless. They only speak in small, garbled words. The turn-by-turn navigation is especially unusable. The voice speaks incoherently for 1 second at a time, and it's like it's trying to catch up and fit all the words it missed into a small amount of time.

I have reset network settings, forgotten and re-paired the device, and even done a factory reset. Is there anything else I can try?

MZip
Paper Tape
Views: 656
Message 95 of 120

My wife and I both have Motorola phones and received the 8.1 update about 10 days ago.  My Android Auto keeps disconnecting ever since the update.  When will we be receiving the update to solve this matter? Your June post says it's rolling out in stages so why would the update to 8.1 that we just received still be causing issues with AA?

Ciby_Devasy
What's DOS?
Views: 632
Message 96 of 120

I have a Moto X4 on 28.3.5 still doesnt work.Any ETA?

diobando
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 549
Message 97 of 120

I am on Pie and Android Auto is more broken than ever

Caderade
Blue Screen Again
Views: 495
Message 98 of 120

Updated to pie... Now it does not work again!!!! This is very frustrating.

Will there be a fix released?

HotTongan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 444
Message 99 of 120

Oh, so frustrating. I'm glad I found this forum. I updated my X4 to pie a few days ago and Android Auto is totally broken. I know it's my phone because my wife's phone, still on 8 works fine with my car. It's just my phone. I've used a brand new cord from Motorola and it didn't work. Please fix!!!

Caderade
Blue Screen Again
Views: 369
Message 100 of 120

JM.

Same issue is going on after Pie update.

Is anyone from Moto working on this?

Top Kudoed Authors