07-12-2018 09:34 AM
I got a new phone from Project Fi since i thought i could have a defective phone. It was working fine connecting to my car automatically until all of those updates came out.
The last version i have is 8.10 and OP28.2
Is that the one it was suposed to be fixed by now? or should I wait to another update?
08-26-2018 04:37 PM
This is not a solution, this is workaround (use the support terms appropritely)
Why this is not a solution?
- I am using AMZ PRIME Version of Moto X4 on T-Mobile
- My phone android version is 8.1.0 (OPWS28.3.1) - Security Patch July 1, 2018
- In Setting - Security & Location - Screen Lock, I DO NOT have an option to select NONE, Instead I only have below options
So do you want us to set this to Swipe? Please explain?
Why this issue needs a fix immediately?
- The bug is related to Android Auto (AA). Most of the people are using AA for maps and navigation while driving, hence it's really furtating when you're driving at 40 miles per hr with assistance of maps and suddenly AA disconnects leaving you with a blank screen!
- I am sure there are uses trying to try unplugging / plugging back USB to get the navigation back, however this is too risky!
What does all Motorola customers facing this issue needs to know?
a. Is this a bug with Android Auto App or Andriod 8.1 or Device (Moto X4 in my case)
b. What is Motorola doing about it?
c. Is there an ETA to point b. ?
A concerned Motorola user!
08-29-2018 07:49 AM
My Moto X4 has had some ups and downs with my 2013 Toyota Corolla bluetooth system. I have connected numerous other devices without these issues so I feel fairly confident that it is the phone and not the car.
Occasionally the phone will get stuck on 'Connecting...' when trying to connect to the car. When it does connect, after several minutes, it says 'Connected(no media)'. Any music, Google Assistant voices, podcasts, etc. all come through the phone's speaker. Phone calls, however, still are connected and come through the car speakers.
If I disconnect and reconnect, music works fine but Google Assistant and Google Maps are borderline useless. They only speak in small, garbled words. The turn-by-turn navigation is especially unusable. The voice speaks incoherently for 1 second at a time, and it's like it's trying to catch up and fit all the words it missed into a small amount of time.
I have reset network settings, forgotten and re-paired the device, and even done a factory reset. Is there anything else I can try?
12-12-2018 02:43 AM
My wife and I both have Motorola phones and received the 8.1 update about 10 days ago. My Android Auto keeps disconnecting ever since the update. When will we be receiving the update to solve this matter? Your June post says it's rolling out in stages so why would the update to 8.1 that we just received still be causing issues with AA?
12-26-2018 07:28 PM
Oh, so frustrating. I'm glad I found this forum. I updated my X4 to pie a few days ago and Android Auto is totally broken. I know it's my phone because my wife's phone, still on 8 works fine with my car. It's just my phone. I've used a brand new cord from Motorola and it didn't work. Please fix!!!