Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diobando
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 362
Message 111 of 119

Re: Update to 8.1 broke Android auto

I drive a Hyundai Sonata with the factory unit. Android Auto works perfect with my old Nexus 5, 6p, an old moto E and my wife's Moto G4+.
kbroski88
Paper Tape
Views: 360
Message 112 of 119

@diobando wrote:
I drive a Hyundai Sonata with the factory unit. Android Auto works perfect with my old Nexus 5, 6p, an old moto E and my wife's Moto G4+.

Try the factory reboot and installing apps again from scratch.

Actually, just factory reboot and then just download the android auto app and see if it works. 

rcastib
What's DOS?
Views: 256
Message 113 of 119

Hi JM  How I can get to know if my G5 plus has the solution. ?

rcastib
What's DOS?
Views: 253
Message 114 of 119

I have a Moto g5 plus. Disabling the screenlock is not an option.

I have a security patch from october 2018 but Android auto is not working anymore.

It started crashing the phone.. now it just dont connect to the car.

any ideas when a patch will be available?

wrzochoo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 239
Message 115 of 119

Best approach is to sell Moto, buy something different.

I liked this phone, but the way how the problems are solved overwhelmed me.

Now I've different phone, with Oreo too, left X4 to my wife. I miss a little Moto Gestures, and camera was sligthly better in Moto than in my current phone, but Android Auto works, always works. I couldn't remember any time when it suddenly stopped, hanged, crashed, disconnected. There is no need to unlock phone to start AA, just plug cable (in Moto it required unlocking phone).

Current one is still micro USB-A, not USB-C and have to look at plug to connect it, but NOTHING is able to break connection except actual unplug. In Moto it was not so obvious. Tried 4 cables (they are not cheap as for the cable), all worked reliable for couple weeks max, then occasional disconnections happened on bumbs, cornering, some "surprises" on the road.  With my new phone never experienced that.

Have to try again how AA works with Android Pie (installed it recently on my wife's phone), maybe something changed, but I really doubt.

epoch70
Paper Tape
Views: 233
Message 116 of 119

Yep, VERY flaky for me even after Pie upgrade. It doesn't work more than it does. My biggest issue is it'll be working fine but then randomly quit for no apparent reason. Screen on car stereo just goes black and it doesn't ever recover. I've given up and just use Bluetooth audio at this point but am seriously considering a new phone because Android Auto apparently will never work on the x4.

wrzochoo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 228
Message 117 of 119

For me the worst thing was that Voice Command in mine car is implemented ONLY via Android Auto, or this Apple equivalent. Apple Car or something like that. So without connecting AA I was not able to set navigation direction, or call somebody by name without touching anything. Doing that "by hand" during driving is not clever, safe or easy task. Also loosing navigation on every bigger hop or stronger braking is not something which I liked.

juliff
Fanfold Paper
Views: 224
Message 118 of 119

I'm curious if anyone has tried rooting and flashing a different ROM. I know it voids the warranty and could brick the phone. I'm just curious if anyone has done it and it fixed this problem.

Ridiculous that AA doesn't work when it works great on my 3 year old Moto X Pure.

nickerbocker
What's DOS?
Views: 40
Message 119 of 119

I factory reset mine and my wife's x4's but started noticing issues after plugging in the USB before properly pairing the phone to the car. AA setup the bluetooth and all kinds of stuff went wrong. I managed to fix the AA disconnect issues by doing the following steps, in order. 

1. Go into Bluetooth settings->previously connected devices-> find your car, click the gear and delete it.

2. Go into your car and delete the BT profile for your phone.

3. Settings->Apps->AndroidAuto->Storage->Clear Storage

4. Pair phone to car's Bluetooth. Do not plug it into the car's USB yet. Accept all permissions. ie. Allow access to contacts, etc.

5. Make sure Bluetooth works. Reboot.
  6. Launch AA on your phone and go through setup. Again, don't plug it in yet. Accept all permissions.

7. Turn off USB debugging. (If you didn't turn it on then skip this step)

8. Now plug it into the car's USB.

9. Do setup on car's head unit.

Top Kudoed Authors