cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
brbk4498
What's DOS?
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎05-08-2018
Location: US
Views: 1,086
Message 21 of 119

Re: Update to 8.1 broke Android auto

Same here Moto X4 no Android Auto. Hopefully there is a fix incoming. 

mickrussom
HDMI
Posts: 209
Registered: ‎12-27-2014
Location: US
Views: 1,068
Message 22 of 119

Re: Update to 8.1 broke Android auto

what kills me is lenovorola is still pumping out the usb-destroying update. 

epoch70
Paper Tape
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎08-05-2017
Location: US
Views: 1,079
Message 23 of 119

Re: Android Auto stopped working after Oreo upgrade

Same here. Very frustrating. I JUST got an Android Auto head unit like 2 weeks ago, and now it doesn't work. Smiley Sad

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 4,346
Registered: ‎12-04-2017
Location: IN
Views: 1,025
Message 24 of 119

Re: Android Auto stopped working after Oreo upgrade

Hi All,

 

We thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you bringing this to our notice. We would request you all to please update your profile with current phone, carrier, and serial number if you have not done yet-- this will help me investigate further. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy is on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

 

We might need additional information and logs, that we will keep you posted about.

 

Update your profile -link

 

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Wissen
Paper Tape
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎03-13-2013
Location: US
Views: 1,013
Message 25 of 119

Re: Android Auto stopped working after Oreo upgrade

I have updated all of my information in my profile, and you have my permission to take a look at my phone information.

 

It really feels like a cable problem, but I have tried three different known good cables, including the one that Motorola supplied with the phone. I am confident the issue is in the phone itself.

epoch70
Paper Tape
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎08-05-2017
Location: US
Views: 1,004
Message 26 of 119

Re: Android Auto stopped working after Oreo upgrade

I updated my profile, verified my privacy settings, and you have permission to look my apps. Thanks.

gcomp
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎11-26-2015
Location: US
Views: 966
Message 27 of 119

Re: Android Auto stopped working after Oreo upgrade

Not a cable problem for me -- works with my wifes Nexus 5x, but NOT my Moto X4

Adri3n
Paper Tape
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎05-08-2018
Location: US
Views: 963
Message 28 of 119

Re: Update to 8.1 broke Android auto

It is definitely not a cable problem, the software is causing the issue. This happened immediately after updating to 8.1 . I did try multiple cables and also tried both my Android Auto head units. Both of my X4 are doing this and my two 5X's are not. 

gcomp
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎11-26-2015
Location: US
Views: 958
Message 29 of 119

Re: Android Auto stopped working after Oreo upgrade


@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

Hi All,

 

We thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you bringing this to our notice. We would request you all to please update your profile with current phone, carrier, and serial number if you have not done yet-- this will help me investigate further. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy is on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

 

We might need additional information and logs, that we will keep you posted about.

 

Update your profile -link

 

Thanks,

-Swaraj


You have my permission to inspect my phone to determine the FASTEST way to a fix!
My IMEI is correct in my profile.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 5,397
Registered: ‎07-12-2014
Location: US
Views: 940
Message 30 of 119

Re: Update to 8.1 broke Android auto

Hello guys,

 

We'd like to get some bug reports to investigate this further. Our engineers are hard at work to root cause this issue and we will appreciate all the cooperation and help that we can get from you. 

 

Below are the steps for getting bug report:

 

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number seven times on the build number to enable a new Settings item, Developer options.
2. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
3. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
4. Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
5. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
6. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
7. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Top Kudoed Authors