Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wissen
Paper Tape
Views: 1,371
Message 41 of 120

Re: Update to 8.1 broke Android auto

Just a heads up, this did NOT solve the issue for me. But I have been having this issue since the day I got the phone, long before this 8.1 udpate.

wrzochoo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,348
Message 42 of 120

Why anybody marked this solved?

It's far away from this state. You could say that there is a workaround, but not solution.

Mike0001
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,335
Message 43 of 120

I assume marking this and the USB transfer thread "Fixed" is a CYA move to hide the large number of users affected and complete lack of any actual "fix" of the problem.  Looks bad I guess if people see an unresolved issue of this severity floating around for a long time.  To those affected (all users with this phone who have had the 8.1 update) it is rather infuriating to see the attempt to sweep this under the rug with such indiffernce to those affected.  What we would like to see would be actual status on progress identifying a fix and timelines for implementation.  Apparently we are not making enough noise about this to warrent a better response.  I suggest everyone affected start complaining loadly  on social media.

wrzochoo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,328
Message 44 of 120

This is also partially Google issue, even Pixel has been affected.
Google claimed that 8.1 fixed the issue (which was the reason why I waited so much for it), but looks like there still is something wrong with that.

As for the "Fix" consider that some companies (including Motorola) when you use Google for Work profile FORBIDS disabling screen lock.

So for me THIS IS NOT A FIX.
Rtfmmm
Paper Tape
Views: 1,290
Message 45 of 120

Agreed. This is absolutely not solved. Workaround or no, telling a community of your customers who have put down money for your product "we're going to fix it" but without any additional information with regards to timeframe is unacceptable.

When will this serious bug be resolved? You owe your community more than just "we're aware of it and working on a fix", followed by marking the problem SOLVED. No one is satisfied with that, nor should they be.

Opening new threads on the issue seems to get the moderators attention, at least long enough to lock them.

GooniesNvrSayDi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,276
Message 46 of 120

I disagree that removing the screen lock feature from our phones is a solution. Please reopen this thread and provide us with some status updates or at least a few breadcrumbs of where this all is going. Given that the X4 is being marketed as the cost conscious option for the pure android user base it’s frustrating to transition from the bootlooping issues with the Nexus 5X to similar issues isolated to the Motorola X4. This is not a great way to start a relationship with our user base.

ThisPhoneIsGarb
Punch Card
Views: 1,201
Message 47 of 120

becareful what you say now, because they are now starting to delete posts, that are legitimate greivances.

Adri3n
Paper Tape
Views: 1,195
Message 48 of 120

At least this is just a transitional for me and my wife till the pixel 3 comes out. We both had a 5X but figured we would give these a try,so far it's not working out to well. This is a feature we use daily for hours and now we can't .

comyles
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,158
Message 49 of 120

Re: Android Auto & USB 8.1 Bug

same  problem since update, android auto does not work, phone dialer issues, usb grayed out will not connect or give options.

really a lot bugs. in the 8.1 update for moto x4 

wrzochoo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,118
Message 50 of 120

Re: Android Auto & USB 8.1 Bug

Somebody closed my thread claiming that discussion about it is happening here.

Moto-X4/Android-Auto-stopped-working-after-Oreo-upgrade

which is not true. Seems that these two issues are NOT RELATED.

I've 8.0, here 8.1 is mentioned.

Disabled DOZE for GMaps, Google Music, Spotify, AndroidAuto and Waze - looks like these apps are the only which are AA compatible right  now. have not played with my cable yet, but prepared cradle for my phone (quiet often AA stops on hops, tight turns and things like that. I've very short cable). Will see today if it helped.

When I disabled Auto starting AA when BT connection to the car is established and disabled pocket release detection in AA settings it fails less frequently.

Strange thing noticed - I've screen always on set, but it still goes to sleep and wake up for second or two every couple minutes without a reason.

Top Kudoed Authors