Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gcomp
Fanfold Paper
Views: 954
Message 51 of 119

Re: Update to 8.1 broke Android auto

You can make the USB work with the screen-lock on (assuming you do not reboot the phone).

Simply follow the posted solution (turn off the lock and reboot) and then turn the lock on again. The USB works for me UNTIL the phone is rebooted.
gcomp
Fanfold Paper
Views: 951
Message 52 of 119

@Agent_JM wrote:

Hello guys,

We thank you all for reporting this issue. We appreciate all the cooperation and assistance you have provided, especially those who have provided bug reports. Our product team is working on a fix which will be included in a future update.

In the meantime, the following steps are recommended:

• Go to Settings
  • Go to Security & Location
  • Go to Screen Lock
  • Select "None" (do not select any other type of screen lock option)
  • Restart your phone
  • Try reconnecting the device to your car

I will mark this as a solution to let everyone know that this will be addressed in a future update. I will update this particular post once I get more information.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

You can make this solution work WITH THE SCREEN LOCK as long as you do not reboot your phone.
Simply follow the instructions above, get the USB working and THEN turn the screen lock on. All will keep working UNTIL you reboot the phone.

comyles
Fanfold Paper
Views: 911
Message 53 of 119

Your suggestion is fine however it leaves me with NO security on my phone. My opinion that is not a viable  option.

Phone should have lock screen, pattern or figerpirnts to open. I appreciate your help but doesn't cure my problem. 

Myles

comyles
Fanfold Paper
Views: 909
Message 54 of 119

I appreciate your input, but I think I should be able to shut phone off or reboot if I need too.

Myles

snowbeer
Paper Tape
Views: 873
Message 55 of 119

When I tried the suggestion in post 54 a few days ago, it worked until the phone goes into lock mode, not until it is rebooted.  So if you have it set to lock after 30min, then you have 30min with both fingerprint and USB/Android auto capability.  Having smart Lock setup would also make it work until you left your house or car, etc.

gcomp
Fanfold Paper
Views: 829
Message 56 of 119

Thanks snowbeer for doing the "next level of testing." Was worth a try Smiley Sad
mickrussom
HDMI
Views: 730
Message 57 of 119

they dont get this. a ton of policy breaks down if you disable screen lock, VPN doesnt work either. 

mickrussom
HDMI
Message 58 of 119

this coming from a company owned by china.
mickrussom
HDMI
Message 59 of 119

its basically into lemon law territory.
mickrussom
HDMI
Message 60 of 119

at least google gives its users a chance to get a fix at least once a month. lenovorola makes us wait ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????? long.
Top Kudoed Authors