Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mickrussom
HDMI
Views: 1,176
Message 61 of 120

Re: Update to 8.1 broke Android auto

someone should small claims or class action with a subpoena.
ThisPhoneIsGarb
Punch Card
Views: 1,150
Message 62 of 120

if they provided us with factory images we would easily solve this issue by downgrading to the previous version, but they won't, they are too stubborn to do that. Their methodology is to just replace our brand new phones with  refurbished ones.

I've already written to my State's representatives about this issue, and we are pushing for the right to repair. So if motorola wants to do Business in the State of Illinois in the future they will need to provide the Software to allow us to fix our devices.

Support the Right to Repair!

jkbike
Paper Tape
Views: 1,108
Message 63 of 120

This is absolutely NOT a valid solution to this problem. It isn't even a relevant temporary solution. Disabling screen lock also removes your fingerprints, which also disables the fingerprint feature for any apps that use your fingerprint. It warns you when you go to make the change. That means that any time you want to use Android Auto you have to disable all of these things, and then when you're done driving you have to set up all the security features on your phone all over again. 

This needs to be addressed quickly, not as a two months from now update. You broke a major piece of functionality with your update. 

mickrussom
HDMI
Views: 844
Message 64 of 120

yeah, were all still waiting for lenovorola to even give us a target date to fix this horrorshow. android one. pffft. more like android two or android six (months behind google)
wrzochoo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 770
Message 65 of 120

I'm still waiting for 8.1 and still have problems with AA
My MotoX4 works on Oreo 8.0 with Apr 1st 2018 security patches applied.

Installed AA version 3.2.58.15 from May 3rd 2018

Disabled battery optimalisation for AA, Spotify, Waze (apps available on AA)

Enabled USB debugging

Disabled Auto Start of AA in AA menu when found in car BT range, disabled "pocket detection" in AA menu.

Recently I've replaced USB cable again, and it looks like since then there where no "connectivity loss" issues. It is only couple short rides since then, but looks promosing.

Still have one problem - when I make / receive a call, then after it AA music (Spotify) do not produce sound anymore. I'm able to change trakcs, new title is displayed, but nothing is played. Only disconnecting/reconnecting USB cable helps here. Any ideas?

mickrussom
HDMI
Views: 746
Message 66 of 120

right to repair and expanded lemon laws. this must be stopped by regulation at this point.
mickrussom
HDMI
Views: 744
Message 67 of 120

get a pixel phone. android on lenovo is hopeless, even android one. dont ever think about getting a non-android-one lenovo phone, its even worse than android one.
epoch70
Paper Tape
Views: 734
Message 68 of 120

I'm on Project Fi so for kicks I contacted their support to see what they'd say. Her's the response I got:

"We're aware of this issue related to Android Auto and our engineers are currently working on a resolution and will get back to you at the earliest."

Not sure if that's promising or not (meaning not just Lenovo is responsible for the fix) but thought I'd share.

comyles
Fanfold Paper
Views: 722
Message 69 of 120

Yeah I agree they all always AWARE of the problems, But TOTALLY UNAWARE OF THE FIX.
comyles
Fanfold Paper
Views: 720
Message 70 of 120

my phone is a google android one, it is funny google can track my EVERY move, that never breaks. All they can say is we are aware of the problem, my response to that is "so am I"
Top Kudoed Authors