Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mickrussom
HDMI
Views: 1,748
Message 81 of 120

Re: Update to 8.1 broke Android auto

good to know. too bad they dont offer factory images/direct downloads so we have to play that tapping the update game all the time.
Mike0001
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,741
Message 82 of 120

Just got May security patch (OPW 28.2) and Android Auto is working!  Glad to have this fixed!   For those still waiting hopefully not too much longer. 

Lenovo, why not take this as an opportunity to improve some processes particularly around customer messaging and information dissemination?  Obviously test plans also but to me the customer relations piece was the bigger failure.  

epoch70
Paper Tape
Views: 1,734
Message 83 of 120

The latest updated fixed it for me as well. Thanks!

Brent27
Paper Tape
Views: 1,724
Message 84 of 120

Its fixed!

Deang
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,638
Message 85 of 120

Hello, I am a prospective buyer of a moto x4. my lg optimus pro has been a great phone with no issues but is 5 years old now and outdated. I have determined from review, that the moto x4 could be a good replacement for my phone. I am concerned by this thread regarding the lack of a solution or timeline to fix the android auto, and /or usb issue on the latest 8.0 and 8.1 versions of android. One of the reasons I am thinking about updating is because my new car, a 2017 vwgti, has android auto. It is currently a safety issue, (as well as being a select state law issue) to use my current phone w/o a hands free alternative in my car. Since this is a safet issue, I would think the Google and Lenova communities would be working on a solution asap to asist current and prespective buyers of android phones. Please address this important issue as I will be holding off my purchasing decision until I hear something. If I cant get a prompt answer, I may have to buy apple...

epoch70
Paper Tape
Views: 1,633
Message 86 of 120

The May update definitely fixed the issue. During the time it wasn't working I just used bluetooth for hands-free which worked fine. I would certainly hope given this problem that Lenovo and Google will both know to check Android Auto functionality with updates, so I for one am at least relatively confident this was an unfortunate oversight this time around. I really, really love the x4 and for me at any rate the lack of Android Auto functionality for a few weeks was simply a minor inconvenience.

comyles
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,631
Message 87 of 120

Well to answer your question, yes it took them a few weeks to repair the issue that I was was not happy about to say the least. Reqarding the x4 problem I did not not find it to be a safety issue the blue tooth still worked I was able to use blue tooth to make calls and send messages hands free, i was not able to view maps, but could hear directions ( set while not dtiving ) for the money I still would consider it a good phone, personally I would not move to Apple however that will be your choice to make. Hope this helps.

Myles

Edison2018
Paper Tape
Views: 1,627
Message 88 of 120

Up up
granusz
Punch Card
Views: 1,603
Message 89 of 120

Hi! I've got moto x4 xt1900-7 with android 8.1 opw 28.1 with april seccurity patch. Could someone tell me when I'll get may security patch opw 28.2 with usb fix?

mickrussom
HDMI
Views: 1,510
Message 90 of 120

they dont do that here. and if you call (your phone network provider - they say call moto) and if you ask here, call or email moto they say nothing useful. at all.

and of course they dont provide factory images like google so ......

experience is disgusting.
Top Kudoed Authors