Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pirast
Fanfold Paper
Views: 682
Message 1 of 12

VoLTE on ALDI TALK

So I have bought a Moto X4 after Moto X Play, hoping it would support VoLTE eventually. Unfortunately, it does not work my carrier ALDI TALK (https://www.alditalk.de/). Using a SIM directly from the network operator that ALDI TALK is using (o2), VoLTE works fine. Could you please submit this request to the product team such that an update can be made possible? It is really frustrating to not have VoLTE in 2018. I am thinking about returning my X4.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 628
Message 2 of 12

Re: VoLTE on ALDI TALK

Hi pirastWe're always looking for opportunities to expand the networks for our phones. We'll share your feedback with our product teams.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

pirast
Fanfold Paper
Views: 625
Message 3 of 12

Thanks!

I have done a little research and it seems as for IMSI 262-07 of o2 Germany, VoLTE is activated in the firmware of the Moto X4. For the IMSI 262-03 (which o2 Germany has started to use now), it is not activated yet. So I think it should be little work to activate it...

pirast
Fanfold Paper
Views: 559
Message 4 of 12

The problem is with CarrierConfig.apk that is shipped with the firmware. The folder "assets" contains configuration files that enable VoLTE for providers based on their IMSI.

The folder contains carrier_config_26207.xml , which is the configuration for o2 Germany. Unfortunately, o2 Germany has also started to use the IMSI 26203 now (formerly E-Plus, which has been bought by o2 Germany). So all that the developers would have to do is copy carrier_config_26207.xml to carrier_config_26203.xml, rebuild CarrierConfig.apk and ship it with the next firmware release.

motog6user
Paper Tape
Views: 407
Message 5 of 12

I can confirm that O2 in Germany has started handing out new SIMs with MCC-MNC of 262-03 instead of 262-07. In the past, only customers of some resellers/labels of O2 (those with 262-03) were unable to use VoLTE and VoWifi with Moto phones, but now the issue affects all new O2 customers.

I'm seeing this with a Moto G6 and blau.de (an O2 Germany subsidiary).

KlausA
Paper Tape
Views: 345
Message 6 of 12

Hi JM,

Are there already plans to implement the missing carrier information for 262-03 (new IMSI for o2 Germany)?

Regards,
Klaus
seal82
Paper Tape
Views: 310
Message 7 of 12

Hello JM,

I'm having the same issue with a Moto G5 and a new O2 Germany SIM card. Please pass this topic to your product developers. I urgently need a solution for this. As mentioned earlier in this thread, this affects ALL new O2 customers in Germany as O2 now uses the 262-03 IMSI in Germany!

Your support is highly appreciated! Thanks...

Regards

Sebastian

pirast
Fanfold Paper
Views: 296
Message 8 of 12

Hi, I have been in direct contact with Motorola Support in Germany (via mail). I have pointed them to the issue that VoLTE does not work with newer o2 sim cards and have pointed them to this thread. They seemed willing to listen and have forwarded the information to the development team. Nevertheless, I think that it absolutely makes sense that you guys also contact them, especially about the Moto G5 which is rather "old" and where it might be more difficult to push them for an update.

seal82
Paper Tape
Views: 292
Message 9 of 12

Hi pirast,

Will do so as well. Email to the support team is on the way... Let's keep us informed about the progress in this matter.

Cheers

Sebastian

seal82
Paper Tape
Views: 277
Message 10 of 12

Hi all,

just a little update from my side. After contacting Motorola support Germany, I got a quite fast response telling me that the issue with the new O2 / former ePlus IMSI is known. They told me they were working on solving the issue. Later this afternoon, they contacted me again and asked for a bug report as well as a photo of the O2 SIM card. Hopefully this is a good sign :-)

Have a good evening and greetings from snowy Allgäu,

Sebastian

Top Kudoed Authors