Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BugSlayer
Blue Screen Again
Views: 136
Message 1 of 5

Wallpaper on lockscreen is faded.

I'm using a wallpaper that I had previosly on my Nexus 5 (Marshmallow).  On the Moto X4 the wallpaper is somewhat greyed out on the lockscreen, but it returns to normal once you swipe up to unlock.  On my Nexus both pictures were clear.   Is there anything I can do?

2Screenshot_20190307-160146.png

1Screenshot_20190307-160201.png

Screenshot_20190307-160146.png

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 85
Message 2 of 5

Re: Wallpaper on lockscreen is faded.

Hi BugSlayer,

Thanks for posting. I can't replicate this right now, but I'm not seeing this with Oreo. I'll have my team check this. Looks like the quick settings on the lock screen is from a third-party app, does the wallpaper look the same even after uninstalling the app? Let me know. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

BugSlayer
Blue Screen Again
Views: 80
Message 3 of 5

Hi Rich,

I am running Android 9 (Pie) not Oreo.  The app you are referring to is Power Toggles, and it appears on the lockscreen via a notification.  It is not a lockscreen app, so it is not affecting the wallpaper.  As I mentioned, the same setup on my Nexus 5 running Android Marshmallow does not fade the wallpaper on the lockscreen.

BugSlayer
Blue Screen Again
Views: 79
Message 4 of 5

The white bar is where I redacted my email address which appears on my lockscreen.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 30
Message 5 of 5

Hi BugSlayer,

Thank you for clarifying. Sorry, I was a bit confused but I asked my colleague who has Android Pie. We checked this and the background is usually darkened on the lock screen and it gets brighter when unlocking it. Thanks for your feedback though. I'll pass this along. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors