Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krishecol
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,204
Message 1 of 3

Water damage in Moto X4 (IP68)

I dipped my new Moto X4 phone in fresh water and water has entered both the cameras and proximity sensor doesn't seem to work. I dipped the phone in less than 1 foot deep water for barely 10-15 seconds. After an hour or two, water droplets were seen in the camera lens. This was very disappointing for me, since it's an IP68 certified phone. If taken to an authorised service centre will I get a free service? Please help. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,191
Message 2 of 3

Re: Water damage in Moto X4 (IP68)

@Krishecol wrote:

I dipped my new Moto X4 phone in fresh water and water has entered both the cameras and proximity sensor doesn't seem to work. I dipped the phone in less than 1 foot deep water for barely 10-15 seconds. After an hour or two, water droplets were seen in the camera lens. This was very disappointing for me, since it's an IP68 certified phone. If taken to an authorised service centre will I get a free service? Please help. 

Hi Krishecol,

Welcome to Forums,

Thanks for posting here. We certainly wouldn’t recommend end-users to perform these activities. When the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) tests a Smartphone it’s done under lab conditions with the device in standby mode.

However, our best advice for this situation is that you submit your device for review and repair at one of our Service Centers so that repair engineer could examine your device and provide a proper resolution.

Click here for the list of Motorola Authorised Service Centre details in India.

We also request you to;

1. Carry the invoice copy of the device.
  2. Take a complete data backup.
  3. Call the Service Centre and confirm their availability before visiting.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Bhavyamoyal
What's DOS?
Views: 825
Message 3 of 3

Water damage in Moto X4 (IP68)

My Moto x4,I bought it 7 month ago and it can't even resistant or some water splash.i take it with me in shower and it just get some splash.phones camera get water and I took it back after 1-2 hours it's display got blank and didn't show any think.so how this phone is ip68 it even resist splashes. I go to service centre they said it is water damage,did I get it under warranty? And if not so why you said that Moto x4 is ip68?

Top Kudoed Authors