Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 2,385
Message 1 of 15

Welcome to the moto x4 community

Welcome to the moto xcommunity. MotoX4_LaydownCombo_SterlingBlueDv.jpg

To learn more, click here. To register for updates, click here.

be25
Paper Tape
Views: 2,350
Message 2 of 15

Re: Welcome to the moto x4 community

I waited for this?!? Extremely disappointed in the Amazon assistant being on the phone. I only want the pure Android experience along with the Moto gestures. Now, to find a different phone.

peachtree
802.11n
Views: 2,328
Message 3 of 15

Nice to see the Community already up. I still use both earlier Gens of Moto X but ready for a new phone for an OS update plus my X2 is getting old, battery-wise

be25
Paper Tape
Views: 2,239
Message 4 of 15

Still holding out on a replacement with hope for the Moto X4 Android One version. Please let it be released in the USA!

brooktrout
Punch Card
Views: 2,200
Message 5 of 15

You could just disable alexa. I am disapointed in the fragile nature of the glass backing. If anyone could make a decent rugged IP68 phone it should be Motorola. I'm also interested in seeing what Android One may bring to the table. The glass back is just a non-starter for me. If Motorola actually makes the waterproof adventure mod for the Z2 line I may reconsider those phones. Mabey Verizon could bring a Moto X4 Droid with any thing other than a glass back.

johnrm1
Punch Card
Views: 2,178
Message 6 of 15

WIll there be a version of other than the Fi version available in the US since id buy the phone but already have a carrier? Also what abou the other variant that offers more RAM and memory? Please dont tell me you guys are going to screw this up too.... 

markmccoskey
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,830
Message 7 of 15

I put my Fi Android One X4 in a gel case. Great grip. 

2017-10-26 16.19.03.b.jpgAs-Guard Ultra [Slim Thin] Flexible TPU Soft Skin Silicone Protective Case Cover For Motorola Moto X4

gwynnebob
Paper Tape
Views: 1,812
Message 8 of 15

My new Moto X4 phone from Google's Project Fi will not run any Amazon apps. I tried Kindle, Audible, Amazon Alexa, Amazon Prime Video, etc.

It will run all the other apps I have installed.

I was told by two different Amazon app support people that the Moto X4 was not on their list of approved devices.

Is this unusual for a new phone? Will the Moto X4 be added to Amazon's approved list soon?

markmccoskey
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,808
Message 9 of 15

I just downloaded Kindle from Google's Play Store. It installed, opened, I signed in. Looks to function just fine. I have the X4 from Project Fi as well. 

gwynnebob
Paper Tape
Views: 1,807
Message 10 of 15

Have you tried to run any Amazon apps like Kindle or Audible on your x4?

My new Project Fi x4 will not allow me to sign in to an Amazon app after I download the app and lauch it.

Top Kudoed Authors