Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rasto2
Paper Tape
Views: 159
Message 1 of 4

When screen off, GPS off too

hello

I recently run battery optimization by mistake and now dosnt work properly my navigation app. 

I work with app, then turn off the screen and put phone in the pocket, system after 1 minute automaticaly cut off GPS signal. when I put screen on after for example 3 minute, GPS signal restore itself in 5-10 second. Iam sure that this is not problem of app but some service in android.

Does anybody know which services control GPS that I can exclude it from battery optimalization???

I have android 8.0

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 123
Message 2 of 4

Re: When screen off, GPS off too

@rasto2 wrote:

hello

I recently run battery optimization by mistake and now dosnt work properly my navigation app. 

I work with app, then turn off the screen and put phone in the pocket, system after 1 minute automaticaly cut off GPS signal. when I put screen on after for example 3 minute, GPS signal restore itself in 5-10 second. Iam sure that this is not problem of app but some service in android.

Does anybody know which services control GPS that I can exclude it from battery optimalization???

I have android 8.0

Hi rasto2,

Welcome to Forums & thanks for posting here. 

As per my knowledge, if your battery optimizes any app that may not be active when phone screen is off. Hence, please deactivate the optimization step in troubleshooting GPS issues is making sure that you are using the latest version of the navigation application. Please also note that other applications such as Google Play services and Google Maps need to be updated to the latest release for an optimal experience.

Also, note that no GPS is 100% accurate, this means that distances may differ from another tracking made by you or a friend on the same route. The battery Optimization settings, this setting acts as another layer of battery saving setting for individual applications (Usually applied on for applications as default). 

While this setting is active it may result in the application not tracking distance and accuracy, therefore, we’d like to suggest users to disable optimization.

Please go to your phone Settings>>Battery>>tap the menu in the top right corner ()Search bar Select ‘Battery optimization’ – Tap ‘Not optimized’ and select ‘All Apps’ – Find Gmaps on this list and Select ‘Don’t Optimize’.

If the above checkpoint did not resolve the issue then perform these below checkpoints & let us know.

Also, tap on Setting>>System>>Advance>>Reset options>>Reset apps preferences>Resetall.(Reboo the device)

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

rasto2
Paper Tape
Views: 85
Message 3 of 4

thanks for response , but niether one helped.  GPS still does not work after display off

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 75
Message 4 of 4

Hi rasto2.

Here's what we have checked please make sure you have the same Settings. Kindly go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Special app access > Battery optimization > Tap on the arrow on top right > Choose All apps > Check if the navigation app is optimized there

Also, kindly go to Settings > Security & Location > Location. 
Make sure mode is set to High Accuracy and not Battery saving.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support
Top Kudoed Authors