cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melissav1
SCSI Port
Views: 1,942
Message 1 of 8

Will Android One version X4 get the camera software update?

Really like everything about the X4 except for the camera. Slow to take pics and Auto results in pics with a lack of clarity. 

I know there is a Moto X4 camera tuning app but it shows as incompatible with my Android One version X4. Also heard others talk of a camera pack update that was pushed out. 

Will these be available to A1 versions soon or only to the regular versions (in US and debating if the Amazon version will have a better camera)

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,867
Message 2 of 8

Re: Will Android One version X4 get the camera software update?

Hi Melissav1,

Apps are updated regularly across all our product portfolio, however, I am unable to confirm at this point if an update to the camera app will go to the Android One Moto X4. I will ask around and will let you know once I have more information. In the meantime, can you share photos taken by your device?

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

markmccoskey
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,816
Message 3 of 8

I have an interest in this area as well. Mostly it's about the size of pictures taken. 2.5MB seems to be the smallest sized picture yet. Would be nice to have a Camera Settings where I can make my pictures not so storage heavy, even though I offload all my pictures via Dropbox and Google Photos. 

X4 Picture Size.jpg

Linkcis
Paper Tape
Views: 1,783
Message 4 of 8

With Google photos, using their compression ( free upload space) and clearing my photos from the phone option, has worked great now for over 2 years.
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 1,722
Message 5 of 8

@markmccoskey wrote:

I have an interest in this area as well. Mostly it's about the size of pictures taken. 2.5MB seems to be the smallest sized picture yet. Would be nice to have a Camera Settings where I can make my pictures not so storage heavy, even though I offload all my pictures via Dropbox and Google Photos. 

X4 Picture Size.jpg

If you choose the 16:9 ratio from the Photo size options the pics should be smaller.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
enriquejones
Paper Tape
Views: 1,513
Message 6 of 8

OTA update (the one mentioned here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-X4/System-update-includes-Nov-security-update-camera-improvements/...) for A1 models being pushed out now (11/15/17). If you don't have it already, you should get it in the next few days. The release notes claim camera improvements. I would say the camera operates slightly faster than it did before the update on my MotoX4A1.

ranilchandra
Serial Port
Views: 1,424
Message 7 of 8

Will the unlocked version receive the update. 

yeltommo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,303
Message 8 of 8

Why is the camera tuning app for the regular Moto X4 incompatible with the A1 version?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorola.imagertuning_payton&hl=en

Or perhaps the better question is, why isn't there a camera tuning app for the A1 version? It seems the updates would be faster (and perhaps easier for all involved parties) than OTAs.

Top Kudoed Authors