Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ybetter
Fanfold Paper
Views: 295
Message 1 of 5

X4 cannot make or receive any phone calls after upgrade to Android 9 pie

This is the second X4. When the first one got the problem, I thought it would be a defected device so had it returned.

Purchased a new one with Android 8.1. it was fine to make phone calls. Then took all updates one by one. Right after the Android 9 Pie upgrade, the sympton showed up immediately:

1. cannot make phone call. It showed dialing but no dialing sound. Several times the other side would ring, but most of the times the other side didn't get call. When the other side got ring and picked up, no sound at all, and my phone still showed dialing.

2. Cannot hang up. Once it shows dialing, if I click hang up, it shows hanging up, forever.

3. When the other side calls me, no ringing at all.

It seems sending/recving messages are fine.

The phone is X4 64GB version. Build number is PPWS29.69-26-4

SIM status shows: Voice: In service / data: in service

network is CT-Mobile (a vende using T-Mobile network I believe)

Can you please help?

ybetter
Fanfold Paper
Views: 292
Message 2 of 5

Re: X4 cannot make or receive any phone calls after upgrade to Android 9 pie

BTW, I did factory reset (erase all) multiple times on both devices but didn't work.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 170
Message 3 of 5

Hi, ybetter!

Welcome to Motorola Community. I know how inconvenient this must be for you, allow us to help. Did you install any applications or restore all of your files right after resetting the device? Please try to use your current SIM card to other devices as well for us to isolate the concern. 

Regards,
May
Moto Support

ybetter
Fanfold Paper
Views: 135
Message 4 of 5

Yes I tried factory reset without installing anything. Just plain clean system. The same SIM card worked in the other phones.

It was so frustrating as even the very basic thing didn't work.

I gave up and flashed it back to 8.1. Unfortunately it would void the waranty but at least I could make phone calls. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 113
Message 5 of 5

I understand your sentiments, ybetter. We do not recommend reverting your device back to its old operating system as this can cause some concerns and void your warranty in future events. If in case you have other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors