Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
this_is_nascar
Punch Card
Views: 152
Message 1 of 3

X4 vs Android One on Verizon

I currently am on Verizon.  I want to get an X4, but am unsure whether to get the Android One branded unit or the plain unbranded version.

Can someone explain please?  Thanks.

drugtaker
Paper Tape
Views: 77
Message 2 of 3

Re: X4 vs Android One on Verizon

Only difference I am finding either through searching online or just from experience, the Android One version doesn't have the fingerprint scanner Moto actions all the other phones had before. Like swipe left to go back a page in a browser , stuff like that . If still has Moto actions, just nothing supported in the scanner itself .Also, the back of the phone is has Android One printed on the lower end of it, and on powering the phone, it has a quick androidone bump . I am currently using the androidone version and I must say, that fingerprint scanner not having any functionality besides just that, is really putting a weird damper on this phone .It feels like it's unnecessary and wasted space. 

My verdict, stick to the regular x4. If you've never had a Moto phone that used Moto actions on its scanscanner, then go for androidone. 

this_is_nascar
Punch Card
Views: 70
Message 3 of 3

Re: X4 vs Android One on Verizon

Thanks.  I did end up getting the straight X4, due to some of the things you mentioned, as well as others.

I'm not all that pleased with the battery life as of now and I've yet to see a 4G icon up top, just an LTE one.

Top Kudoed Authors