Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X4
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-14-2021

Mexico

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 4

Your device is corrupt? Help!!

2021-10-14, 0:22 AM

So I turned off my phone having done nothing different than other times and suddenly when I try to turn it on the messege of "your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot" appears with no other options. I can't acces to my phone or anything. I found that with the app of rescue and smart I might be able to save it, but when I plug it in it won't recognize it and my phone would show the same messege over and over. I don't want to have to erase all of my data because I had some important things in there, what do I do? Is my phone done? Can I save my data? How can I connect it to my computer and save it? Please help!!

Options

5951 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

693 Signins

59017 Page Views

• Views: 59017
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Your device is corrupt? Help!!

2021-10-14, 13:33 PM

Hi @ Natttt ,

I know how inconvenient this is on your part that the device won't boot. We'll try our best to help.

Have you tried to put your phone into fastboot mode before plugging it in?

• To do this, turn off the phone and then press and hold the power and volume down key for 5-6 seconds and then release.

Have you tried to plug it with different cables?

Let us know.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Options

2 Posts

10-14-2021

Mexico

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-10-15, 15:25 PM

Hi @Agent_Jess  , thank you so much for answering. I don't have any other cables that I can use to plug it in and I havent tried that fastboot thing yet, but before I do, will doing that erase my cellphone's data? I just want to cross out my options and see if there's still a posibility to save what was on my phone before I try something else. Will putting it on fastboot mode erase my data? I'm sorry, I really don't understand how this works.

Options

5951 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

693 Signins

59017 Page Views

• Views: 59017
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-10-19, 20:46 PM

@ Natttt wrote:

Hi @Agent_Jess  , thank you so much for answering. I don't have any other cables that I can use to plug it in and I havent tried that fastboot thing yet, but before I do, will doing that erase my cellphone's data? I just want to cross out my options and see if there's still a posibility to save what was on my phone before I try something else. Will putting it on fastboot mode erase my data? I'm sorry, I really don't understand how this works.

Hi @ Natttt,

We apologize for the late response. Putting your phone into Fastboot mode will not erase the data on the phone. However, running a rescue through the Rescue and Smart Assistant tool will erase everything on the phone to get that rescued/fixed. It is suggested to backup everything on the phone before doing a rescue. Since backing up is not possible, I'm afraid there's no other way to get your data out of the phone.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms