Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SealBeachcomber
What's DOS?
Views: 367
Message 11 of 18

Re: melted / burnt charger port

Hello,

I am having a similiar issue.   My three month old Moto x4 felt very hot one morning after charging overnight and there was a slight burning smell.   I realized later that it would no longer take a charge.

Please help!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 340
Message 12 of 18

Hi SealBeachcomber,

Thanks for posting. I'd like to help. May I know when did this happen? I can further check that, could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Smstucson
What's DOS?
Views: 300
Message 13 of 18

My first Moto x4 started heating up and Melting with all the chargers I had.  Google project fi warranty replaced it .  Now months later, my second x4 just started smoking, using the factory charger . 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 274
Message 14 of 18

Hi Smstucson,

Thank you for letting us know about this. I'd like to help. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number and your phone number-- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well. Just let me know here once done. 

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

SealBeachcomber
What's DOS?
Views: 268
Message 15 of 18

Actually, I was able to get the phone replaced through the Motorola warranty.   The first replacement phone they sent me had some other issues.  But I recieved a second replacement a few weeks ago and so far so good.    The whole warrantly process was fast and simple.   

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 256
Message 16 of 18

Hi SealBeachcomber,

Thanks for updating me. I'm glad you're able to have it replaced. Let us know if you need more help. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Danatolijs
Paper Tape
Views: 121
Message 17 of 18

This just happened to me. Saw smoke coming from charging port while connected to a car charger and now it won't charge. Used eith the same charger all year. IMEI*removed*  Just out of warranty, purchased on May 29th of 2018. Help! What are my options?

Edited for Privacy - Rich

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 95
Message 18 of 18

Hi Danatolijs,

Appreciate your report on this. I saw your post just now. Can you please share me your contact details (Phone Number, Email Add, and Name) via PM? Can you also confirm the make and model of the charger? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors