Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WenAt78
Paper Tape
Views: 110
Message 11 of 16

Re: moto x4 Unable to connect Bluetooth headset

I just received my Republic Wireless Moto X4, activated it and started to use it. I can connect fine to my Moto X Pure Edition but not to the Logitech H800 headset. I reset the headset per the instructions to insure pairing. The headset doesn't even show as a possible device to pair with. The XT1575 shows up instantly but the headset never does. Is it safe to do a factory reset when the phone is customized for Republic Wireless?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 97
Message 12 of 16

@WenAt78 wrote:

I just received my Republic Wireless Moto X4, activated it and started to use it. I can connect fine to my Moto X Pure Edition but not to the Logitech H800 headset. I reset the headset per the instructions to insure pairing. The headset doesn't even show as a possible device to pair with. The XT1575 shows up instantly but the headset never does. Is it safe to do a factory reset when the phone is customized for Republic Wireless?

Hi WenAt78,

Thank you for reaching out. Are you trying to connect the Bluetooth headset to your new Moto X4 device? If yes, how are you connecting the Bluetooth device to the phone? You may check this link for the user guide of your Logitech H800. 

Regards,
Mandy
Moto Support

WenAt78
Paper Tape
Views: 90
Message 13 of 16

Hi Mandy
Thanks for the quick response. The sequence was:
Turn off bluetooth on my XT1575
Reset the H800 to enter Pairing Mode
Factory reset the X4
Didn't activate cell service, restore backup, or install any app
Turned on bluetooth on X4
Nothing happened. I then turned on bluetooth on the XT1575 and it showed up instantly on the X4. The H800 showed up on the XT1575

Should I have tried anything else?
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 86
Message 14 of 16

Hi WenAt78,

I appreciate that. Have you had a chance to pair the Moto X4 on other Bluetooth devices? 

Regards,
May
Moto Support

WenAt78
Paper Tape
Views: 78
Message 15 of 16

I just tried my new FM transmitter which is a headset type of device and it connected fine. That's all the bluetooth devices I have.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 40
Message 16 of 16

Hi WenAt78,

Thank you for trying that. Kindly send a bug report regarding this so we can dig into this deeper. Bug report will collect information about your current device state. Below are the steps for getting bug report:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number seven times on the build number to enable a new Settings item, Developer options.
2. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
3. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
4. Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
5. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
6. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
7. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

We also suggest communicating with the manufacturer of the Bluetooth headset to ensure the steps in pairing it with Android devices.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors