cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
voxleo
Blue Screen Again
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎05-11-2019
Location: US
Views: 396
Message 1 of 8

x4 randomly restarting since pie update

moto x4 going suddenly to android one startup screen and rebooting at random times, during use or just while charging on table.  Recently happening a LOT during youtube app usage.   Phone seems generally more unstable during calls and wifi use as well since pie, runnung warmer and shorter battery life, and onscreen keyboard seems to be imprecise typing, often getting v or b instead of spacebar when typing.  Photos also disappearing?  

 

 

I figured the issue with photos was due to microSD fail, but the restarting thing is beyond irritating.  what is up with the slew of problems?  Just my phone or is it Pie problems?

 

Any help?

 

(us version 64 gb android one on verizon)

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Posts: 28,281
Registered: ‎02-02-2016
Location: US
Views: 381
Message 2 of 8

Re: x4 randomly restarting since pie update


@voxleo wrote:

moto x4 going suddenly to android one startup screen and rebooting at random times, during use or just while charging on table.  Recently happening a LOT during youtube app usage.   Phone seems generally more unstable during calls and wifi use as well since pie, runnung warmer and shorter battery life, and onscreen keyboard seems to be imprecise typing, often getting v or b instead of spacebar when typing.  Photos also disappearing?  

 

 

I figured the issue with photos was due to microSD fail, but the restarting thing is beyond irritating.  what is up with the slew of problems?  Just my phone or is it Pie problems?

 

Any help?

 

(us version 64 gb android one on verizon)


Instability after major updates usually indicates compatibility with settings or apps. 

 

The fastest best way to troubleshoot is a reset, and test without installing or restoring any apps. If stable, add apps back one at a time. 


* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
boarbrush
Punch Card
Posts: 101
Registered: ‎03-08-2019
Location: US
Views: 370
Message 3 of 8

Re: x4 randomly restarting since pie update


@AlphaDog wrote:

@voxleo wrote:

moto x4 going suddenly to android one startup screen and rebooting at random times, during use or just while charging on table.  Recently happening a LOT during youtube app usage.   Phone seems generally more unstable during calls and wifi use as well since pie, runnung warmer and shorter battery life, and onscreen keyboard seems to be imprecise typing, often getting v or b instead of spacebar when typing.  Photos also disappearing?  

 

 

I figured the issue with photos was due to microSD fail, but the restarting thing is beyond irritating.  what is up with the slew of problems?  Just my phone or is it Pie problems?

 

Any help?

 

(us version 64 gb android one on verizon)


Instability after major updates usually indicates compatibility with settings or apps. 

 

The fastest best way to troubleshoot is a reset, and test without installing or restoring any apps. If stable, add apps back one at a time. 


It's absolutely unacceptable for a customer to have to jump through hoops after updating his phone. It's crazy aint it? Motorola/Lenovo doesn't care does it? There are so many issues after the pie update with people who own the moto X4, and the issues have not been resolved. Can any of the Moto agents forward these issues to the company?

 

If it's already been done, so why have they not been fixed yet with the previous updates? this is trully unacceptable. People having issues with VERY low volume.  Android auto not working and many other issues. WHERE IS THE FIX??????? 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Posts: 28,281
Registered: ‎02-02-2016
Location: US
Views: 357
Message 4 of 8

Re: x4 randomly restarting since pie update


@boarbrush wrote:

@AlphaDog wrote:

@voxleo wrote:

moto x4 going suddenly to android one startup screen and rebooting at random times, during use or just while charging on table.  Recently happening a LOT during youtube app usage.   Phone seems generally more unstable during calls and wifi use as well since pie, runnung warmer and shorter battery life, and onscreen keyboard seems to be imprecise typing, often getting v or b instead of spacebar when typing.  Photos also disappearing?  

 

 

I figured the issue with photos was due to microSD fail, but the restarting thing is beyond irritating.  what is up with the slew of problems?  Just my phone or is it Pie problems?

 

Any help?

 

(us version 64 gb android one on verizon)


Instability after major updates usually indicates compatibility with settings or apps. 

 

The fastest best way to troubleshoot is a reset, and test without installing or restoring any apps. If stable, add apps back one at a time. 


It's absolutely unacceptable for a customer to have to jump through hoops after updating his phone. It's crazy aint it? Motorola/Lenovo doesn't care does it? There are so many issues after the pie update with people who own the moto X4, and the issues have not been resolved. Can any of the Moto agents forward these issues to the company?

 

If it's already been done, so why have they not been fixed yet with the previous updates? this is trully unacceptable. People having issues with VERY low volume.  Android auto not working and many other issues. WHERE IS THE FIX??????? 


Do a google search on any brand of phone and "problems/crashes update" and you will find similar threads on that manufacturers site. 

 

As threads should be issue specific, you should post in the appropriate thread, or create one with your problem is no thread exists. 

 

If your is randomly restarting as the OP is experiencing, then please list what troubleshooting steps you have tried, and try a reset and test before restoring any apps. 

 

 


* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
boarbrush
Punch Card
Posts: 101
Registered: ‎03-08-2019
Location: US
Views: 346
Message 5 of 8

Re: x4 randomly restarting since pie update

Go a head and look at my other threads and see if you, moto or lenovo has had any fix for them. The restart issue is just ONE issue. Do you even own this particular phone? (the x4 that is) or are y'all moto agents just giving advice without owning this particular phone? get on with it!!
voxleo
Blue Screen Again
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎05-11-2019
Location: US
Views: 317
Message 6 of 8

Re: x4 randomly restarting since pie update

after hard reset completely wiped phone still has the same problem.  worst when using YouTube trying to download videos on premium for use offline.  just freezes up and then reboots, taking a long time to do so.  Is there any way this could be a battery problem? Is it definitely the OS itself that is buggy?   It was seemingly more reliable before Pie, and the keyboard touch calibration being off is even more maddening than the reboots.   Ill happily replace the battery, but I don't think Ive had thr phone for even 18 months yet, Could it be dying that quickly?  

 

if it is the os, where do I go to learn how to root this thing and roll back to android 8 when everything worked?  I don't have time to troubleshoot this, I just need to know how to fix it immediately.  This has ruined my existence fir the last couple of days.  All I wanted to do was download a playlist of stuff to listen to while out in the yard where the wifi  doesn't stay strong to get me through weeding the huge lawn and I can't tell if I should blame the wifi routers or the apple devices on the network or my phone for unstaboe conneconnection or youtube app or android... Furious that I can't get anything to work as reliably as that old razr v3xx flip phone I loved so much.  

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Posts: 28,281
Registered: ‎02-02-2016
Location: US
Views: 307
Message 7 of 8

Re: x4 randomly restarting since pie update


@voxleo wrote:

after hard reset completely wiped phone still has the same problem.  worst when using YouTube trying to download videos on premium for use offline.  just freezes up and then reboots, taking a long time to do so.  Is there any way this could be a battery problem? Is it definitely the OS itself that is buggy?   It was seemingly more reliable before Pie, and the keyboard touch calibration being off is even more maddening than the reboots.   Ill happily replace the battery, but I don't think Ive had thr phone for even 18 months yet, Could it be dying that quickly?  

 

if it is the os, where do I go to learn how to root this thing and roll back to android 8 when everything worked?  I don't have time to troubleshoot this, I just need to know how to fix it immediately.  This has ruined my existence fir the last couple of days.  All I wanted to do was download a playlist of stuff to listen to while out in the yard where the wifi  doesn't stay strong to get me through weeding the huge lawn and I can't tell if I should blame the wifi routers or the apple devices on the network or my phone for unstaboe conneconnection or youtube app or android... Furious that I can't get anything to work as reliably as that old razr v3xx flip phone I loved so much.  

Could be battery, could also be SD card or SIM. If none of that then likely service is needed. Rolling back OS is not supported, you would have to ask elsewhere. I will ask if there are any known issues with update that would cause reboots, but I Haven't heard of any. One of the moto admins may be able to look at things and see if anything is reporting why it is restarting. When you reset phone, did you test before restoring/installing any apps?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Rahul_L
Blue Screen Again
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎08-17-2019
Location: IN
Views: 260
Message 8 of 8

After updating Pie , moto x4 getting randomly auto restarting

Today, I have updated moto x4 with pie 9,It was successfully completed but facing randomly automatic reboot/restart isuue since update is done.

Top Kudoed Authors