US

39 Signins

427 Page Views

• Views: 427
  • Message 1 of 56

8.0 broke my wifi

2018-01-12, 6:10 AM

Hi Moto team,

I didn't realize it till today. But I can't connect to any wifi at all since upgrading my T-Mobile Moto z2 force.

At work it doesn't connect. At home it doesn't connect. At any free wifi it doesn't connect.

All it does is finds the wireless access point. You click on it , it says connecting, then goes to saved. And keeps doing this till the battery drains. Works fine on carrier signal. Works fine with bluethoot and nfc.

Issue is only with wifi. I've tried resetting network settings. I've factory reset the phone. Didn't restore anything. Set it up as new. Tried on safe mode. No go. Seems like wifi is completely bricked after 8.0 update . Previous 7.1.1 version worked fine. Version 8.0 fixed alot of issues but apparently took out the wifi.

I've done about everything even used third party apps to check for errors during handshack and none happen. It goes to connecting and then back to saved and keeps repeating this over and over till battery drains. I've reset profiles. As I said I've tried connecting to any wifi. All fails regardless of router equipment and internet provider telling me it's the phone and not the other equipment.

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 2 of 56

Re: 8.0 broke my wifi

2018-01-12, 13:24 PM

Hi, Motoz2phone32.

We are sorry to hear about that, thank you for reporting the same. Could you check with> switching your routers to WPA/WPA2 security> let me know if this helps?

Meanwhile, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks,

Swaraj

-Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

34 Posts

10-19-2017

US

39 Signins

427 Page Views

• Message 3 of 56

2018-01-12, 13:36 PM
Router does have wpa2. It is secure. And sure you can check.

Just a quick update I had gone to safe mode one more time and for some reason this time it connected to WiFi

But when I connect outside safe mode it's been unstable. So even though it decided to connect this time it's still unreliable.

Let me know if you find anything
Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Message 4 of 56

2018-01-12, 15:51 PM

Hi, Motoz2phone32.

Thank you for your feedback, just to narrow down as you confirm it is working fine in safe mode, looks like a third party is causing this issues? Have you installed any third party app recently, if yes - would request you to remove the same and performed clear cache/Data and reboot your device and check?

Did you mean that it is connecting now without safe mode too, but just not stable- correct? Could you share us more information about Wifi/make/model?

We want to look further into this, if you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state.

Here's how:
Note: Capture the report right after the issue happened.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behaviour in local time.

Note: Please share Bug report via PM. 

Thanks,

Swaraj

-Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

2 Posts

01-12-2018

US

9 Signins

122 Page Views

• Views: 122
  • Message 5 of 56

2018-01-12, 19:51 PM

My WiFi is working but drops off for no reason. Also since the update the camera only presents the front camera. The switch icon is gone. The phone opens up in the front position and there is no longer a way to open the rear camera. That is the major issue since the update. All in all the phone really sucks since the update. Any help out there?

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Message 6 of 56

2018-01-16, 14:17 PM

wrote:

My WiFi is working but drops off for no reason. Also since the update the camera only presents the front camera. The switch icon is gone. The phone opens up in the front position and there is no longer a way to open the rear camera. That is the major issue since the update. All in all the phone really sucks since the update. Any help out there?

Hi, EarlSlick78.

We are sorry to hear about that, we have tested a couple of devices but unfortunately unable to reproduce the same issues. Please perform clear cache and reboot your device, if yet did not resolve, then the next option is FDR - Factory Data Reset.

Please let us know if that helps.

Thanks,
Swaraj

Moto Support

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Message 7 of 56

2018-01-16, 14:20 PM

wrote:
Router does have wpa2. It is secure. And sure you can check.

Just a quick update I had gone to safe mode one more time and for some reason this time it connected to WiFi

But when I connect outside safe mode it's been unstable. So even though it decided to connect this time it's still unreliable.

Let me know if you find anything

Hi, Motoz2phone32.

Could you perform clear cache and reboot your device and try again if that helps?

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Options

34 Posts

10-19-2017

US

39 Signins

427 Page Views

• Message 8 of 56

2018-01-16, 14:29 PM

I've already done this. Not working. I can't be resetting my phone several times because it's a pain to set it back up. I've tried the testing procedures indicated and problems continues. 

I've updated my information as requested and provided everything. 

Please let me know if you need anything new. Thanks

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Message 9 of 56

2018-01-17, 13:18 PM

wrote:

I've already done this. Not working. I can't be resetting my phone several times because it's a pain to set it back up. I've tried the testing procedures indicated and problems continues. 

I've updated my information as requested and provided everything. 

Please let me know if you need anything new. Thanks

Hi, Motoz2phone32.

Thank you for trying, as requested earlier could you share us the Bug Report along with make/model/wifi/ 

Let us know if you need more help with taking Bug Report.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Options

34 Posts

10-19-2017

US

39 Signins

427 Page Views

• Message 10 of 56

2018-01-17, 14:10 PM
Hi,

Phone is a Moto z 2 force, T-Mobile. My wifi is google wifi. And I'm not sure 100% how to get you the bug report.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save